Computer came with 2 HDMI ports, but only one works.

I got a new PC from CCLonline at the end of December, it was an Elite Eagle but they seem to have updated the product since then so the webpage may not be entirely accurate.

It came with 2 sections of video ports, so has 2 HDMI, VGA, and DVI ports, positioned in sets. One set of these works, but the other appears to be disabled, and don't work even if I only plug my monitor into that one HDMI port.

I would like to know how to activate these extra ports as I'd like to use 2 HDMI ports for monitors, and there's no point buying a splitter if I have the ports there.

Answer
Answer

Hi Hozzer,

Welcome to the Microsoft community.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted display adapter drivers or HDMI port may not be recognized. I would suggest you to run hardware and device trouble shooter and check if it helps.

• What is the status for HDMI port in device manager properties?

To check:

1. Press windows key + R key
  2. Type devmgmt.msc
  3. Now under display adapters, right click on the HDMI port option and select properties and check the device status

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if there is any hardware issue.

a) Press Windows key + W on your keyboard.

b) Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting.

c) Click on View All.

d) Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

e) Click on Next button to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 31,990 Applies to: