Cannot connect HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband module (WWAN) after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Hi everyone!

I have upgraded my HP Elitebook 8470p notebook PC from "Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64" to "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center x64" OS.

After this OS upgrade the HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband module (Ericsson WWAN) ceased to function.

Followed steps to resolve the issue:

• I have uninstalled the device and driver via Windows Device Manager, uninstalled the driver software from Control Panel and rebooted the machine.
  • Opened Device Manager and tried to update the driver, but Windows couldn't find online a suitable driver.
  • Went to HP product support page and downloaded and installed: firmware update for Windows 8 "sp60091.exe"; latest Windows 8.1 driver "sp63292 update".
  • Rebooted the machine, and the problem was the same: 

Since the OS upgrade I cannot have access to my broadband module (it is not detected).

I have checked the Windows Device Manager and it seems that the driver is correctly installed but the device "HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Network Adapter" is constantly turning on and off with an exclamation point. Seeing its properties I get the message:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful"

or "This device is working properly"

(this information in randomly changing in every second with the exclamation mark next to the device).

I tried to run Windows Troubleshooting -> Hardware & Sound -> Hardware & Devices, but it was not found a compatible driver....

Can anyone help me, please?

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2020 Views 16,178 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in reply.

Thank you for sharing the information. Your efforts to resolve this issue is very much appreciated.

Feel free to post your query here on Windows Forums, we would be happy to assist you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.