BSOD after upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1 and using usb port with memory stick, will produce BSOD (BAD_POOL_CALLER)

hello

i do ugrade to 8.1 with my notebook. msinfo32 and minidumps will found here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=605C6A28DF7BC049!1042&authkey=!ALbe3TYRkLghAr4&ithint=folder%2c.dmp

with 8.0 no problems but after upgrade any memory stick is not to us with any usb port. put in will produce BSOD with ref.  BAD_POOL_CALLER. external  drives will work, also other usb tools like garmin ANT stick ore WLAN-stick.  only usb memory sticks will produce BSOD.

all drivers are shown as up to date. firmware of the samsung ssd 840Pro is up to date.  firmware and bios are up to date.

i read some discussions in this forum and i produce also a minidump using verifier, see last file in the link. the other 3 dumps are without verifier, comes when i put in a stick.

anybody can help me?

best regards

hans

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2018 Views 167 Applies to:
Answer
Reply In reply to deleted message

hello to all

i have solved the problem:

the reason of the BSOD is  the iastorF.sys. 

the way:

first of all produce a systemreset-pont!

1. load this drivers (x64 platform):

https://mega.co.nz/#!sd9FWaJK!NELyPCZU8rCvkbgk5u1AnHHYYN8mCQn6tNBbs4rqorg

2. install the driver over system - device manager - ide controller - intel 7 series chipset fam......

3. restart

4. copy the iastorF.sys from the driver package per hand into the \windwos\system32\driver   folder

5. restart the system

6.  take memory stick into the port and you can work as before.

the reason for the  BSOD:

with the update 8.0 to 8.1  both

microsoft controller for memory divices and

intel ide controller 7 series chipset are into the same group "memorycontroler".  after the update the intel ide controller is shwon in e new group "ide/atapi" controller". after  the  driver update it will be possible to update the firmware of my samsung ssd 840 pro and the name is shown correct, before this will not be possible.

BUT: where ever -  the driver iastorF.sys will not be copied by the update in the system32\driver  folder. memory stick will produce the  BSOD like before.  After copying the driver  and restart all will work fine.

best regards

hans

excuse my bad english - i hope you understand the procedure 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.