Bluetooth, Not working after upgrading to 8.1

I am not able to get my Bluetooth Mouse, my Samsung Phone to connect via Bluetooth. 

ASUS K55VD, found new drivers for Windows 8.1 but they don't work. 

Even when trying to acess the "add bluetooth device" my computer seems to just pause and doesn't take you directly into that portion only to pc settings with the hour glass spinning.

Question Info

Last updated December 31, 2018 Views 10,337 Applies to:

Hi Michael,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced.

Do you get any error message/code related to the issue?

I would suggest you to install the Windows 8 Bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Refer to the link to download the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer's website:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=K55VD

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a) Download the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

b) Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.

c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down.

d) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Also refer:

Why isn't Windows finding my wireless device? 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-isnt-windows-finding-device

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries/issues related to Windows, write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No error messages received, just not working. 
I have been able to uninstall drivers and re-install drivers in different order, eventually was able to add the devices, but they would only last 10-15 minutes then stop working.

When I attempt to access the "Add Bluetooth Device" my computer just twirls around and i need to reboot and start again.

I am using Kapersky Internet Security, tried disabling that but it didn't work.

Asus Instant On, Disabled it and it still didn't work. 

I have tried your recommendations today running the installation under compatibility mode but again this didn't work, i will try again to uninstall the two files then reboot my computer and try installing again in compatibility mode.

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems Windows 8.1 is not really friendly with Bluetooth devices. I had the same problem. I was using Microsoft Surface Pro, Microsoft wedge mouse and Microsoft  wedge keyboard. Even if I am lucky enough to pair the devices it takes 15 minutes (or restart/awaking the PC) for Windows to drop paired devices. I have contacted Microsoft support and I have reinstalled Windows according to their instructions (including hard reset) a number of time. I have killed tons of my spare time, and no success was achieved. In fact I run into further problems with Surface. I believe it has something to do with the Windows 8.1 because before the upgrade I was very happy with the device and I didn't have such issues at all. Microsoft Support and customer service proved to be the worst I have ever experienced (It took TWO MONTH communicating with Microsoft reps just to realize they helpless, even though the device is still under the warranty. They simply told me that they can not help me...). At the end of the day, I had to buy a new laptop to replace annoying Surface. I will never buy Microsoft hardware and I recommend doing so for everyone.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

That is correct.  Bluetooth does not work in windows 8.1.   Device driver showed problems with the driver.

We downloaded the driver from Asus.   The Device Manger then showed the system worked fine.  No Bluetooth, that was working with window 8.

Asus has had a lot of success.  They are resting on their laurels.   Support is not telling the truth on the phone about the Bluetooth issues.

If you are considering an Asus Laptop, DON'T buy it.  Their support is a joke.  They do not send replacement parts as it is their POLICY.  you must give up your computer and thus your business if you do not have another computer work with. 

School District Online

Sorry this didn't help.

Bluetooth not working on windows 8.1 on Asus motherboards. This is correct and calling ASUS support is a joke. I can confirm both are true statements.

Sorry this didn't help.

Agree. Got an Asus X550L and the bluetooth just does not work under 8.1.

Sorry this didn't help.

it is windows 8.1. all I know is if I wipe the hard drive and go back to windows 8 Bluetooth works. upgrade to 8.1 everything stops. you would think they would have this fixed by now

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess 8.1 must be my problem, too. Trying to get Bluetooth to talk to my MDEX Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids and no response although the control panel says they are paired with the computer, still no sound output. If this is where 8.1 is at, what bugs will 10.0 have?

Sorry this didn't help.