Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzles and Microsoft Solitare collection

I have Windows 8 My computer came with both of the above games.  I had no trouble accessing the games until a week ago.  Now when I click on either one The icon shows up but it won't proceed to the puzzles or card games.  Does anybody have a solution?  thanks.

19dean45

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2019 Views 1,799 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Answers.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you.

As per the description, I understand that you are not able to play “Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzles” and “Microsoft Solitaire Collection” games in the system.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, please provide me with the following information.

1. What exactly happens when you try to open these games in the system?

2. Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?

3. Did you make any significant hardware or software changes recently in the system?

There might be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to require updates are not installed at all or some firewall settings are causing conflict in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

First I would suggest you to runModern UI App troubleshooter. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab 

If the issue still persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Please refer to the article given below and follow the steps and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Note: In the above article, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem.

If the issue still persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to remove all the third party antivirus applications using the following link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, follow method 4.

Method 4:

Update the Display driver. I would suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers and check if it works for you. Please follow the steps to update the Display driver:

1. Press Windows Key + X and click Device Manager.
2. Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
3. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on
‘Update Driver Software’.
4. Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
5. Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Regards
Jayant Gupta - Microsoft Support Engineer

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.