How to turn of hardware acceleration in Windows 8.1

Original Title: Hardware Acceleration for Windows 8.1

I am trying to use a screen recording software (Total Screen Recorder) for a project and its telling me that I need to turn off my hardware acceleration. Please inform me how to do this as soon as possible. If it helps, I am using a Toshiba C55-A laptop.

Answer
Answer

Hello Joe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum.

As per the description, I understand that you get a message to turn off the hardware acceleration while trying to use a screen recording software “Total Screen Recorder.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Were you able to use this software earlier on Windows 8.1 computer?

Windows 8 by default have hardware acceleration set to full and Hardware acceleration cannot be increased or decreased. It can only be enabled or disabled. It also depends on the graphics card. Some graphics cards do not support hardware acceleration.

Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable or disable it:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
  2. In Large Icons View, click on Display and click on Change Display Settings, in the left pane.
  3. Click on Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.
  4. Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.
  5. Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Mann Manohar

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello Amitan,

Thank you for posting your query.

Kindly refer to suggestions provided in the  thread/link below and let us know the result.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_8/video-green-screen/e87b34bc-cb72-4c92-9320-c54d5bb9f6fb

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2021 Views 64,963 Applies to: