how can i fix a gta iv fatal error dd3d30:pls reboot the system

hello, this is my first post in this website.

now i have gotten this problem when i have finished to install the window with my gta iv for a 5 days my problem is my gta iv when i'm run the program it will show a fatal error dd3d30 and it say "d3d error: pls reboot your system" but i have reboot for many many times, but it still have, i'm so tired to fix this problem, but it still have a problem, and then i have uninstall the game and re-install, but it still have. now i'm not run the program for 2 days and a moment ago i'm run the program but it still have a problem. i want to play my gta iv but it still have a problem. before i install this windows i was used a windows 8.1 same now it can run gta iv and can run uitil it got a 60 fps!!! but now it can't run. i want some advice pls.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2018 Views 7,196 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

The error is generated by the game. There's a list of them here: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200145096-List-of-all-Error-Codes-for-GTA-IV-PC

The game was released in 2008 according to Wikipedia which predates Windows 8.1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV

So what you need to do here is to uninstall and then reinstall it in Windows Compatibility mode for Windows 7.

To install a game in Compatibility mode do the following.

1. Right click the game's setup file and go to Properties.
  2. Click the Compatibility tab and then select Windows 7 from the dropdown menu (it may be selected already) and then checkmark the box.
  3. Further down the same menu, checkmark "Run As Administrator".
  4. Click Apply/OK.

The game should now run without errors.

44 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.