Every time I try to open the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic, I get this error screen.

<original title: Assertion failed!>

Every time I try to open the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic, I get this error screen multiple times.

Assertion Failed

Program: ...

File: ..\..\..\src\c\platforminfo\PlatformInfo_Win32.cpp

Line: 434

Expression: platformUtilsInitialized

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press RETRY to debug the apllication - JIT must be enabled)

ABORT          RETRY          IGNORE

(For reference, if I hit ignore, Line is switched between 428, 434 again, 443, then they stop and I login. After pressing login, it comes up again and Line: is 434 again. I know not if the fact it is stating multiple lines is of importance or not, so I figured I'd bring it up just in case.)

If I press ignore all times this pop-up appears, it still lets me sign in and the game runs. However, once in the game, it puts me on the server list and no servers appear for me to choose, so I can't play. 

Please give me any help related to this SPECIFIC runtime error, as all the others I have found do not seem to be related or any help.  Thank you in advance. :)

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING BELOW MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC ABOVE. 

P.S.- This error started occurring the day I fired up Fry Cry 3 on my laptop for the first time, and thus download and installing uPlay. It is to my belief that either uPlay is the source of the error causing this, or it's one giant coincidence that it started that day. It was also after that that Skyrim give me the "Skyrim Launcher has stopped working" pop-up, and whenever I open on of my save in "Game Dev Tycoon", nothing appears. I can still play the game and create games and research, etc, technically, but no office, no employees, no R/D lab, nothing appears on my screen except for a big white screen with a yellow blurry...circle? in the center.  Neither give me any pop-ups on Runtime Library or anything, but I just wanted to put these happenings on the records in case someone reading this in the community knows how to fix these problems. Once again, Thanks in advance! :)

Answer
Answer

Your best bet is to contact the developer.  We have no knowledge of non MS products.

One thing you can try is to run a system file check

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
Should you have any questions please ask us.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 686 Applies to: