Age of Empires ratio of game to screen size is smaller

Original title: Age of Empires II HD Help Please

Hey everyone,

I just got AOE II HD ( i'm using win 8.1) and i can't change the screen size etc.. EVERYTHING is so BIG, can I make the ratio of gme to screen size smaller sao I can fit more of the game on my screen? Instead of having to scroll so much, it is annoying and I know other people who play AOE 2 don't all have this issue as i have seen it with a different screen size elsewhere online but I can't fix it.  Can you please help? Thank you! Nic

Hi Nic,

Have you looked into the screen resolution of the game?  Some games default to a lower resolution and you have to go into the settings to increase the resolution.

Follow these methods.

Method 1: If changing the screen resolution of the game doesn't help, then you may also also try changing the Window's screen resolution.
I would suggest you to change the resolution settings.

a. Clicking on the Desktop tile from start screen.
b. Right-click on the Desktop.
c. Select the option Screen resolution.

Method 2:
Install the latest video driver for your video adapter.
Download and install drivers
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

I would also suggest you to post in game support forum:

Let us know if it helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rajith, Age of Empires II HD does not have in game screen resolution options, I have already tried everything surrounding that.  It;s not matter of me changing the resolution, it's a concern regarding something else, perhaps even a patch for the game.

I checked for driver updates but it seems I have the latest driver.  I don't know what the solutiuon is but I know there is one because I have seen people play the game with the game activity smaller to screen size ration.  It may be a patch since I know there are patches, but I have searched and searched and cannot find the downloads for the patches.  Can you please find out what the solution is since I know there is one.  Or is there a phone number to contact the Microsoft Games Age Of Empires department?  Thanks!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 9,007 Applies to: