Skydrive in Windows 8.1 is Not Syncing

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 my files are no longer syncing with Skydrive. At first I had over 4,000 files that were stagnate, but after running the Skydrive troubleshooter found on the Microsoft Skydrive FAQ site several times it eventually has brought the total number of files down to around 400 files that aren't syncing. I've run the Skydrive troubleshooter at least 10 times but I've been stuck with 400 files unable to sync properly for several days. However, many of the files and pictures that I have downloaded to my computer since upgrading to 8.1 have synced properly with Skydrive, but the approximately 400 files that never synced still show as "pending". So it seems that there is something in these files that is prohibiting them from syncing. I've gone through all my music files to make sure all the file names are less than 250 characters with no unallowable characters so that they would sync but the problem still persists. Any ideas on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

David

Question Info

Last updated February 11, 2018 Views 589 Applies to:

Hi David,

Are these 400 files of a specific file type (like .mp3)?

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings. You have mentioned that you have already run the Skydrive app and yet those 400 files are not syncing with skydrive. In this case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

First, I would suggest you to manually upload one of these files to the Skydrive account through web browser and check if you face any issues. Visit https://skydrive.live.com and then try to upload one of the files manually and check fi you encounter any issues. I would also suggest you to check if you have reached the store age limit.

You have mentioned that many of the files that you have recently downloaded were synced to Skydrive successfully. In this case, I would suggest you to copy one of these 400 files to a different location in the computer. Rename the file and now copying it back to the Skydrive folder and check if t is syncs.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to check the Event viewer for error logs that could provide us more information about this issue. The Event viewer holds a record of all system events including errors. Checking these error logs could provide us more information about the issue. Refer to these steps to check the error logs:

a)      Go to the Start Screen, type in Event Viewer. This will bring up the Event Viewer tile, Click to open the event viewer.

b)      In the left pane, expand out Windows Logs. Click on Application log and highlight the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down.

c)       Most of your event will be Information. You may see Yellow Warnings or Red Errors. If you see any red error, you can double click on it to bring it up and copy the contents in your reply.

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
Ben.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Are these 400 files of a specific file type (like .mp3)?

1. The files that synced properly were of all different types: .wma / .mp3 / .docx / .doc / .odt

2. The files that are still not syncing properly are of the same types.          

2. This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings. You have mentioned that you have already run the Skydrive app and yet those 400 files are not syncing with skydrive. In this case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

First, I would suggest you to manually upload one of these files to the Skydrive account through web browser and check if you face any issues. Visit https://skydrive.live.com and then try to upload one of the files manually and check if you encounter any issues. I would also suggest you to check if you have reached the store age limit.

1. I bought 50 g plus the 7 g free. I still have over 8 g left for storage.

2. When manually uploading files the following took place:

1. The files in the Skydrive website with a circular arrow (I believe symbolizing a “pending” status) would not upload properly.

2. The files not showing in the Skydrive website would upload manually.

1. You have mentioned that many of the files that you have recently downloaded were synced to Skydrive successfully. In this case, I would suggest you to copy one of these 400 files to a different location in the computer. Rename the file and now copying it back to the Skydrive folder and check if t is syncs.

1. Copied the file into a new file; renamed it; it did not download. 

2. If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to check the Event viewer for error logs that could provide us more information about this issue. The Event viewer holds a record of all system events including errors. Checking these error logs could provide us more information about the issue. Refer to these steps to check the error logs:

I found several errors and warnings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.