SkyDrive does not sync and clutters file system on Windows 8.1

On my freshly installed Windows 8.1 Pro system I log on using domain account and roaming profile (initially a Windows 7 profile and I am roaming between Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro). On Windows 7 the Skydrive Desktop Applicattion perfectly syncs %Userprofile%\SkyDrive folder but on Windows 8.1 the %Userprofile%\SkyDrive folder remains empty (except desktop.ini which is placed there).
The ModernUI SkyDrive APP also just shows desktop.ini.

Even worse Skydrive seems to randomly create new folders named "SkyDrive.old" "SkyDrive (2).old"...

So currently my User Profile contains:
SkyDrive
SkyDrive.old
SkyDrive (2).old
SkyDrive (3).old
SkyDrive (48).old

And SkyDrive seems to continue creating copies of SkyDrive folders at random timestamps.

Is there a way to fix this or is it another annoying but I have to live with and delete all (hundreds per day) SkyDrive*.old folders before I log off to avoid syncing them to the raoming profile server?

Question Info

Last updated June 24, 2019 Views 13,496 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Rainer,

Please try the steps below to fix your roaming profile issue.

a.      Log in as an administrator

b.      Open a command prompt as admin (right click on the Windows icon and select “command prompt (admin)”)

c.       Copy this command  reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{8E74D236-7F35-4720-B138-1FED0B85EA75}\ShellFolder /v Attributes /t reg_dword /d 0x00100000 /f

d.      Right click and paste the command at the cursor in the command window.

e.      Press Enter

f.       If the command is successful, the message The operation was completed successfully will be displayed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.