How to convert .cda files back to mp3 format

Original Title: how are .cda files still in existence???

I have a one of a kind track that I can't replace that was in .mp3 format before I upgraded to 8.1. But now it's in .cda and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it converted back. It's the standard 44 bytes that every .cda shows as, it's in my file explorer but I can't find a file converter that will recognize it. It won't play with iTunes or Windows Media( as is expected) but it WILL play with VLC Media Player. If there are any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

CDA is a file extension for a CD Audio shortcut file format. Used by Microsoft Windows to refer to audio tracks on a CD, a CDA file doesn’t contain audio but is simply a shortcut to the tracks on an audio disc.
CDA files are files created by the computer's CD drivers which point to the location of a track. MP3 is a file type which uses compression to save space. To convert CDA file to MP3 first make space for your files. You require a folder for the music to go into as well as enough space to store all of the music you wish to copy through the process of 'ripping.' Choose a software program such as  Windows Media Player. Double-check your setting. You will need to look for settings to let you specify the place you wish to save the files and in what format. Finally copy the files.

Please feel free to reply if you face any issues with Windows in future

Thanks,
Yaqub Khan

721 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2020 Views 383,898 Applies to: