cant open file explorer in windows 8.1

Just got 8.1 and one of the first things I have noticed is that when I open file explorer it tries to load then my screen turns the desktop's accent color then my icons are in the middle of the screen. NEED help fast

################Fixed#############################

After hearing about autodesk I went to update mine and realized its more trouble than its worth because I don't use it anymore. I deleted all autodesk stuff and it seems to be working fine.

|
Answer
Answer
What was causing my problem was Autodesk Inventor 2014. From what I've heard 2013 has the same issues. To make it work again I had to go online and download Service Pack 1 for Inventor 2014 and then install it. This made it possible to use file explorer again from the taskbar. Although I still can't use the metro search function. The error message when using that is:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.3.9600.16408, time stamp: 0x523d251b
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16408, time stamp: 0x523d4b78
Exception code: 0xc000027b

Update: Later Windows updates seem to have fixed the problem altogether, though on occasion it still glitches for a minute or two.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2021 Views 16,295 Applies to: