Error message: "there is a problem sending mail at this moment contact your provider", sending emails from Mail app.

Original title: I cannot send e-mails from my mail app on windows 8.1

I am using Windows 8.1. I have a Hotmail account that has never given any problems. however on 05/02 pm the mail app (tile) stopped working. at first I thought it was a problem with Outlook and Hotmail since it was difficult to retreive my mail also from internet and other devices (tablet). soon internet option and tablet started working again and after many hours the mail app started receiving e-mails. It is still not possible to send mail or to "share" ad example internet pages with mail option. I get the message "there is a problem sending mail at this moment contact your provider". on 05/02 am I updated the antivirus (Norton) and I thought the problem might be linked to that. I have uninstalled Norton and the problems with my mail persist. I have followed the links suggested in other posts to auto check the account but I have no solution. My account is linked to everything in Windows 8.1 and I really do not want to change it. how can I get it to function correctly?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Are you facing the issues only with the Hotmail account?

This issue may occur due to any recent changes on the computer if the Mail app is not getting synced or updated properly.

Since you are able to send mails using webmail, let’s try the steps provided in the article to run the app troubleshooter, update the Windows and app and sync the app licenses. Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

For further information, refer to the article and check.

Mail app for Windows  

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I too am having this issue on my Surface RT.  I have tried the steps you gave Praseetha, but it still is not working.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having same issue on both Windows 8.1 and RT 8.1.

Emails sync, but I can't sent new ones.

States my outlook account is unavailable

Also, when I go to Mail app settings, outlook account, it states there is an issue with a certificate.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just tried sending email from my Windows 8 phone and get error with dub404-m.hotmail.com

Guess there is an issue with an outlook server impacting just some users.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too am unable to send mail from my Windows 8 Phone, although mine is bay403-m.hotmail.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine is working fine now, guess Microsoft resolved an issue their end

Sorry this didn't help.

I still have this same problem on my RT 8.1 and on a system with Windows 8.1 (x64) until this very day. However, I can send mails from my WP8 device (through dub404-m.hotmail.com). I can't check the server settings on the Mail app from within the application, but it sounds like a central problem.

Anyone else?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the updates.

Are you facing the issue with all the email accounts configured on Mail app?

If you have already tried to update and sync the Mail app licenses as provided in the article and issue persits, then  you may try uninstall and reinstall the Mail app and check.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Original title: I cannot send e-mails from my mail app on windows 8.1

I am using Windows 8.1. I have a Hotmail account that has never given any problems. however on 05/02 pm the mail app (tile) stopped working. at first I thought it was a problem with Outlook and Hotmail since it was difficult to retreive my mail also from internet and other devices (tablet). soon internet option and tablet started working again and after many hours the mail app started receiving e-mails. It is still not possible to send mail or to "share" ad example internet pages with mail option. I get the message "there is a problem sending mail at this moment contact your provider". on 05/02 am I updated the antivirus (Norton) and I thought the problem might be linked to that. I have uninstalled Norton and the problems with my mail persist. I have followed the links suggested in other posts to auto check the account but I have no solution. My account is linked to everything in Windows 8.1 and I really do not want to change it. how can I get it to function correctly?

I am having this problem also and getting the same error message.  I have two different @live.com accounts and one is working just fine.  I am only getting the error message with one account.  I am using Windows 8.1 and have my account synced in the mail program.  I have made no recent changes to the computer or programs.  Who do I talk to?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am using Windows 8.1 and  have the same problem.  It began last night and persists now.  I telephoned at length "my provider" (which is Sky) today.  The customer assistant suggested one or two things but was in the end unable to help and told me to get in a computer engineer.  My computer is less than two months old.  I can receive emails but not send them.   There have since been three emails today from Sky which suggest that I set up a different email arrangement (rather than Windows Live Mail) and change my precious email address (which I have had for about 15 years) to something else which suits Sky.  So unless this problem clears of its own accord quickly then I am going to have to use again the services of my local computer engineer.  I am sure the problems are caused by Sky wanting me to use their own systems which seem to include Yahoo.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2020 Views 8,101 Applies to: