How to prevent on-screen keyboard from focus on last window minimize on it

Hi.

I have a serious problem, I like to use on-screen keyboard a lot but there's annoying problem.

For example :

If i use "Google Chrome" or any program and using on-screen keyboard to type, when i minimize on-screen keyboard and open program like notepad and maximize on-screen keyboard to type in notepad, when the mose enter on-screen keyboard (on-screen keyboard it should stay on notepad ) but it switch to Google Chrome so i have to click on notepad again, and it's very annoying

Please make sure to see this video to understand On-Screen Keyboard behavior

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08cm7OpAebteDF1UllUNWVtOFU/view

It seems on-screen keyboard controls the open windows order, and on-screen keyboard focus on last window (on-screen keyboard minimize on it) instead of focus on last window when i click on it to maximize when it minimized

shortly : 

On-screen keyboard focus on last window on-screen keyboard minimize on it ( important ) instead of focus on last window activated (when on-keyboard maximize if it minimize in taskbar)

Please any fix to this problem even from registry.

Sorry  if I'm not clear.

Hi,

For us to isolate this issue, allow us to ask a few questions that would help us to address it.

• Did you open Google Chrome first, or the on-screen keyboard?
  • Have you tried opening the on-screen keyboard first and check if it focuses on the last window opened?

For more information on how to use the On-screen keyboard, check out this link.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same issue in Windows 8.1, using the Accessibility On-Screen Keyboard, the windowed one which was also in Windows 7 (as osk.exe), not the new keyboard that comes up in Windows 8 and takes up half screen (showing only a subset of keys).

As reported, the issue is that the keyboard remembers the last application it was used with and brings it back in focus, and types a key, even after you switched to a different application/window. So the key meant for the current window is mistakenly sent to the old window, with unintended results, and before that the focus is shifted to that window, so you have to undo the keystroke, shift back focus to the desired window, and try again, which usually works but it's annoying.

The only workaround I found is to completely close the on-screen keyboard every time after use, even if I know I'll need it in a minute, and restart it again every time. This works, but it is not ideal since the keyboard is one of those utilities you may wish to keep open all the time.

The options are one single dialog and nothing seems related to this issue.

I had this issue for a few weeks.

Any advice?

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, when you open the On-screen Keyboard it will type into the currently focused window, as expected, however if you switch focus to a different window the keyboard will not follow you and as soon as you try to type it will switch back to the old window and send the key there. Switching back to the new window usually works (the keyboard will forget the old window and accept the new focus), but since you cannot risk sending the wrong key to the wrong window many times a day, the only safe workaround is to close and reopen it every time you use it (unless you always use it on the same window).

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

• I believe It does not depend if Google Chrome open first or On-Screen Keyboard.
  • On-screen keyboard focus on last window minimize on it (when minimized On-screen keyboard to taskbar and switch to another window) and click On-screen keyboard icon in taskbar to maximize it and it will switch to old window instead of the new window.

I was able to repeat the issue using this steps :

1- Open Google Chrome First
2- Open On-Screen Keyboard
3- Open Notepad (Do Not Minimize)

4- Minimize On-Screen Keyboard to Taskbar

4- Click on Google Chrome Taskbar Icon to Make Window Active
5- Google Chrome Window is Active New
6- Click On-Screen Keyboard Taskbar Icon (To Maximize it)
7- On-Screen Keyboard Should Focus on "Google Chrome" But Instead of it Focus on Notepad

Please Notes :

All this programs are pinned in taskbar.

I need your help, I need your time, When everything's wrong you make it right.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This seems odd as we've replicated what you've experienced, and the on-screen keyboard did work on whichever window we switch to. With that, we suggest performing a clean boot to help us eliminate any software conflicts that may have caused this behavior. Make sure to select the appropriate operating system.

Let us know if you encounter any other issues while performing it so we can further assist you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just noticed that the issue only appears after the keyboard is minimized, as first reported, so the workaround is to avoid minimize it as long as possible and then close it, rather than minimize it.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again.

Please notes this issue in windows 8 and windows 8.1 (I don't know about windows 10)

Update!
On-Screen Keyboard focus on last window minimize on it until the mouse arrow enter On-Screen Keyboard (the mouse touch On-Screen Keyboard)

Please Notes :

I disabled all services and startup programs and restart windows
this issue in On-Screen Keyboard itself, and there isn't any programs caused this behavior

Please make sure to see this video to understand On-Screen Keyboard behavior

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B08cm7OpAebteDF1UllUNWVtOFU

I'm Using Windows 8.1 Pro

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 4,381 Applies to: