When I try to set up a profile for my daughter on a Windows 8 demo it said that she needs parent's permission. Where do I grant this permission?

When I try to set up a profile for my daughter on a Windows 8 demo it said that she needs parent's permission.  Where do I grant this permission?
Answer
Answer
Hi,

Your daughter account must be of Standard Group and your account belongs to Administrators group, So to grant permission for her account, do following:

Press Windows Key + R and type netplwiz and click OK.

Select your daughter account there and click Properties.

Switch to Group membership tab and select it as Administrators and click OK. So in this way you have granted permission to her account.

Alternatively:

Press Windows Key + W and type user accounts and click OK. From search results, click User Accounts.

In User Accounts window, select Family Safety. Click on daughter's account and choose Family safety as Off.

Hope this helps :)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Microsoft has oddly split the user account management in Windows 8. While you must add new users in the Metro Settings pane, other user account management tasks must be done from the Windows Desktop Control Panel.

Kapril-Arya provides a couple of power user shortcuts to this.  The normal way to reach the Control Panel is from the Windows Desktop:  Charms -> Settings -> Control Panel.

Alternatively you can right-click in the bottom left "hot corner" to get a shortcut menu to common Windows administrative features. The Control Panel can be accessed directly there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2013 Views 41 Applies to: