No video playback in Media Player, Zune, or Windows 8 app

original title: Regarding video playback on Window media player ,Zune ,Windows 8 video app....no video part is played only the audio part is played.

I recently installed Windows 8 Release preview.

I own a Sony Vaio Laptop E-series(model no.VPCEB44EN).
When I play a video file on Window Media Player or Zune or Windows 8 Video App only the Audio part is played and a black screen is displayed along with the audio.
Although there is no problem in playing Video files through VLC player.
Please help me out...
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.       Were there any recent changes to the system prior to the issue?

2.       Is the issue confined to specific video file?

3.       What is the format of the video file?

Method 1:

Follow these steps, uninstall and re-install the Video Card drivers in a compatibility mode. Check if it helps!

Note: Download the drivers from the Manufacturer’s website and save it on to the Desktop.

Follow the steps, uninstall and re-install the Video Card drivers in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

a)      Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b)      Expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers click on the drivers.

c)       Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d)      Click OK.

e)      Right-click on the driver (Downloaded from the manufacturer’s website) file.

f)       Click on Properties and select the Compatibility tab.

g)      Click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows 7.

h)      In the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to update the latest codec’s for the media player and check if it helps!

You may search for codec using your favorite search engine.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Let us know if it helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2013 Views 167 Applies to: