Windows 8 ram usage

I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview to ma laptop. I have only 1gb ram, but i read everywhere that win8 uses only 200-300mb from 1gb. My freshly installed win uses about 60% of ram (~600mb). I have an integrated intel graphic card, but if i add this 100mb to the memory usage, it is still only 400mb, not 600. Is it ok or i went something wrong?
Answer
Answer
Where did you read this other information from?  Just because certain people have only 200-300MB of RAM being used doesnt mean that your system will also exhibit that behavior.  They dont tell you what software they have installed, what software is currently running at that time among other information that is needed to be known.

So you saying your showing 600MB of usage can be completely normal, for your setup.  Depending on yet again, what software you are running at the time you take the measurement, what programs you have set to run upon boot and so on.

You cant use people's word that just cause they get only 200-300MB of RAM usage that is what you will get.  Every system is different and will act different.  These sources are not from Microsoft themselves therefor the information is to be taken with a grain of salt.
Regards,
Me
Irrelevant by choice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2013 Views 170 Applies to: