Windows 8 Consumer Preview won't connect to WPA2 Enterprise

My Asus Zenbook UX31E will not connect to my school's wireless network which is secured by WPA2 Enterprise with AES encryption. The network also requires a SecureW2 TTLS supplicant. Prior to upgrading to Windows 8, I had no issues with connecting to wifi. All of my drivers are up to date and I am experiencing no other problems. I am able to connect to my own wifi network with WPA2-Personal security and have had no issues with that either. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem?

I have also tried wiping my whole hard drive, reinstalling Windows 8 and drivers, and using the Microsoft TTLS supplicant instead of the SecureW2 but to no avail. Let me know if there are any other details you would like me to provide. 
Answer
Answer

Thanks for this. It helped point me in the right direction.

It didn't fully solve my problem as we used WPA2-Personal instead of Enterprise. I have a Acer Iconia Tab W500 and Cisco APs AIR-LAP1141N.

I had to enable TKIP encryption on the controller/APs. I then selected TKIP as the encryption type and WPA2-Personal as the security type. I entered my password in the security key, clicked OK, then went to connect to my WLAN and BAM!! connected successfully.

I know TKIP isn't as secure as AES, but the point is that I at least was able to connect to the Wifi.

The trick is to use TKIP encryption instead of AES!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2013 Views 6,552 Applies to: