My Desktop PC running Windows 8 Release Preview 32-bit (Build 8400) can't connect to the internet. Also I would like to know how to activate my copy of Windows 8 Release Preview 32-bit (Build 8400).

I have a Dell Inspiron 530s that I put Windows 8 Release Preview 32-bit (Build 8400) on. It was previously running Windows Vista Home Basic on it. This system has an Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor E2160 clocked at 1.80GHz per core. It has 2GB RAM also. My modem is a Arris Model TM502G provided by Comcast and I have a D-Link Router DIR-825. My Windows Experience Index score is 2.0 out of 9.9. Is it because I haven't activated Windows 8 yet? (I need to figure that out also) Is it because of my system? Is it because of my modem or router? Should I put Windows 7 Ultimate on it? I would be very greatful for your help.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2013 Views 120 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.       Were there any recent changes to the system prior to the issue?

2.       What happens when you try to connect to the Internet?

3.       Do you get any error message/code?

Method 1:

Follow these steps, run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a)      Press Windows Key +W, type troubleshooting, hit Enter.

b)      Click on troubleshooting from the results.

c)       Click on Network and Internet, click on Network Adapter.

d)      Follow the on screen steps.

Method 2:

Uninstall and re-install the network adapters in compatibility mode.

Note: Download the drivers from the Manufacturer’s website and save it on to the Desktop.

Follow the steps, uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

a)      Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b)      Expand the Network adapters, click on the drivers.

c)       Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d)      Click OK.

e)      Right-click on the driver (Downloaded from the manufacturer’s website) file.

f)       Click on Properties and select the Compatibility tab.

g)      Click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows 7.

h)      In the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator.

To activate the Windows 8 Release Preview build 8400, refer the link and follow the suggestions.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/where-can-i-get-windows-8-release-preview-build/aa12c6a1-2c28-4371-9520-93103e4405de

Let us know if it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.