Why can't I scan in Windows 8 Preview Release

My scanner isn't recognized in Windows 8 Preview Release..........HP Photosmart Premium C410 series........I have to have "scan" capability.   Does W8 support scanning through Paint? 

I can't seem to establish a connection to the SCANNER, although my AIO printer works just fine.......

Solutions??  Thanks in advance, otherwise, I have to use my recovery discs and go back to Windows 7..........

Thanks foks ;))

Christopher715
Answer
Answer

You should install the driver in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (right click on the driver/Propriety/Compatibility Tab/Check the box near"Run the program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7 and/or Windows Vista and/or Windows XP Service Pack 3,press "Apply" and "OK", and then run the same setup file as an administrator by right-clicking the executable file and then "Run as Administrator")

Personally, when I want to do a scan, I use the program that is automatically installed with the printer to which you can access from the control panel, select "Hardware and Sound", then "Devices and Printers" and then clicking on the printer icon.

Hope this helps, spero di essere stato d'aiuto.

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz, NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT da 1GB, 4 GB RAM, 1500 GB HD, Windows 7 Home x64

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2013 Views 129 Applies to: