CNet CWP-854 Network Adapter drivers on Windows 8 not working

I currently have a CNet Technology CWP-854 PCI Wireless Network Adapter and I've upgraded my OS from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 8 Professional 32-bit.

The CNet CWP-854 drivers are not installing/working properly. The adapter didn't work when first running Windows 8 after upgrading from Window 7. I downloaded the installer from the official website (http://www.cnetusa.com/support_CWP-854.php), running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7. The drivers and the accompanying wireless utility program for Windows 7 do appear to install but the adapter doesn't function at all. I've tried restarting after installing it and removing then reinstalling them, with the same results.

The drivers and utility program do install and work properly in the Windows 8 Release Preview which I've still got installed on another partition, and they used to work under Windows 7.

Would anyone know why it installed and worked in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Release Preview but won't install/work in Windows 8 Professional? I can provide more info if needed. My the next step will be to contact the manufacturer, but I was given to understand that pretty much all the drivers from Windows 7 would work in Windows 8 (and indeed  it does work in Windows 8 Release Preview).

Thank you :)

It wont work now cause there was code changes done from the Release Preview to the final build.  Hence was it was called a Preview.  Bug fixes and code changes were done between the 8400 Release Preview and the 9200 RTM build.

These changes have effected the driver of the device making it incompatible with the OS now.  You will have to contact CNet and inform them as such and they will have to get to work getting an updated driver ready and released.

Regards,
Me
Irrelevant by choice

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2019 Views 394 Applies to: