After installing Windows 8 Release Preview, my Mouse stopped working in Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3

After installing Windows 8 Release Preview my mouse no longer works in Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3 multiplayer of solo. How do I fix this issue?

I checked driver and it is up to date and working properly.  Working properly within the windows environment that is.  Just won't work in the above game.

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2013 Views 103 Applies to:
Hi,
I would suggest you to try uninstalling the game from Programs and Features and then try installing the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
Step 1: Follow the steps to uninstall the game from Programs and Features:
a. Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
b. Open Programs and Features.
c. Search for the game that you are trying to uninstall and click the uninstall button.

Step 2: Follow the steps to install the game in compatibility mode:
To install the game in compatibility mode, right click the setup file of the game and click Troubleshoot compatibility and then select he operating system in which the game is compatible.

Hope the information is helpful.
Basith M
- Forum Moderator (Multiple Forums)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't uninstall the game but I did run the compatibility checker on ran the program in windows 7 mode which always worked perfectly and it still did not work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Additionally I should mention that after installing windows 8 release preview this same mouse is not there when I boot the computer.

I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in then it shows up and works fine within the windows environment but not in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer.

It is a Logitech mx518 mouse that has worked fine for several years under many other os's like windows 7, vista, etc.  Now it won't boot and it doesn't work in full screen games.

Other people in this blog are listing similar mouse failure issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey I have a little problem with my MW3 in the Game mode the mouse glitches Meaning it is always moving up when I invert the mouse it moves down?

then in the Video settings Menu the mouse doesn't want to move in the lower half of the screen Meaning it moves in the top half then when I move it to the bottom it stops in the middle? 

Sorry this didn't help.

had the same problem, with a mx revolution. putting mw3 on borderless mode instead of full screen fixed it for me. 

Sorry this didn't help.