Xbox recording has no sound while playedback.

Today, while recording a game using the Xbox DVR, I played back the video I had recorded and noticed that it came with no sound. I went to DVR settings and the Audio selection was marked as on and recording at 192 Kbps. Is there any way to resolve this problem and to give my videos sound? 
I have the same problem, though, it's amazing, barely any lag if at all when recording, if they could make it so it could record microphones maybe even a camera as well, that would be even better. Beats fraps and my elgato by far. I have a Radeon R9 200 Series 6-core.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been trying to resolve this same issue. I have a Realtek drivers and when I have "Speakers" set as my default device I get no sound in the playback of the game dvr recording. However, when I select "Realtek Digital Output(Optical)" as my default device I have no sound coming out of my speakers (because there's nothing plugged into that jack) but I do get audio in the recording of the game dvr.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have onboard sound, the realtek hd as well. So could this be a compatability issue with realtek possibly? And I'll see if I can change it. I recently updated all my drivers, so that's not the problem.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure to be honest. The games that I was trying to record were Blizzard Games (World of Warcraft & Hearthstone to be specific). I started trying to dig into the settings more while I was messing with WoW. So I'm going to be a little more detailed here as to what my setup is.

Under sound settings > Playback I have:

Speakers (Anvex Virtual Audio Device)
2757-4 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Speakers (Razer Megalodon)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) <- 5.1 Surround Speakers connected here.
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Realtek Digital Output (Optical)(Realtek High Definition Audio)

In game settings for WoW:

Video: Fullscreen (Windowed)

Audio: Default Device (Although I can select any of the devices listed above)

When I set my default device as Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) in the sound settings, which is what my speakers are plugged into, I can hear the game sounds come out of my speakers like normal. When I choose Realtek Digital Output (Optical)(Realtek High Definition Audio) as my default device in sound settings (While having "System Default" chosen in game) I get no sound from my speakers, however, I can record game sounds. If I change in-game settings to use Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) then I start getting sound from my speakers again, and even if system sound settings have Realtek Digital Output (Optical)(Realtek High Definition Audio) chosen as default, I don't get sound in the recording.

I've also tried setting the game to fullscreen to see if there was an issue with it picking up the sound while running in windowed mode but that doesn't seem to be part of the issue.

I'm thinking it may be some sort of driver issue as well, but I'm still working on the problem trying to figure out what to do about it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was actually trying to record warcraft myself, counterstrike and h1z1, I played with my settings and couldn't figure how to make the sound work at all, I'm just hoping they release a patch for this soon.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also logged in to GTA V through steam to make sure it wasn't a Warcraft specific problem but I had the same results as I did with WoW.

I've also found out that I could get an S/PIDF (optical) cable and plug it into my computer but where my speakers are Analog I would also have to find a DAV that has enough plugs to accommodate my 5.1 surround speakers, and the only ones I've found so far have only 2 connections (I need 3).

I'm with you, I hope they release a patch soon, because aside from the audio problem I really like the game dvr feature.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Game DVR does not record sound in 5.1, adjust the sound in stereo mode

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Game DVR can only record stereo. I presume your all using 5.1/7.1 so you'll need to go to Windows Audio and configure your audio device to only play FL and FR.

I have no idea why MS let this happen, I would have thought it could record all channels. Your other option is to record the sound separate. Not ideal.

MS, please for PC users get 5.1+ audio to record with videos. Stereo is rubbish!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is something you can try, though it is unnecessarily complicated:

• Use a different screen recorder
  • Download Audacity (it's free). Set the audio provider as Windows WASAPI and the input device as your speakers. Then record, and piece the recording together to match the sound.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I absolutely have to have game audio in my recordings.  If the game audio doesn't record along w/ the video then this feature is next to worthless to me.  If I were you, I'd stick to Fraps or your El Gato if you're still having this issue.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 16, 2023 Views 34,316 Applies to: