Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller Grips Falling Off

*15AUG2017*UPDATE: After receiving the promised "replacement controller" and asking if it was just the case for the controller or the case and the controller and being told that it was both. I found out the representative Len A. flat out lied to me about what I was getting, all to get a better survey, since all that I got, was the carrying case and nothing else. I talked to another agent after this, and they proceeded to try and go through everything again, and acted as if the prior agent was not in the wrong for lying to a customer. As it is, I still have my shoddy "Elite" controller that is extremely uncomfortable to hold since it is all bumpy from the expanded silicone.

*04AUG2017*UPDATE: I have since reached out to Microsoft support through the link provided below, and was told I would get a replacement controller. However, I am on my second Elite Controller at this point and it had the same issues after about 6 months of use. This is the one that I am currently awaiting the replacement, and hopefully the grips are not the same material!

I have had the Xbox One Elite Controller for only 6 months, and the grips have all but come off completely. There are no replacement parts for the grips on the controller, and according to your Support, my solution is to buy another controller... NO. I am also being told that my controller is out of warranty, since it is past 90 days, well isn't that just lovely, that you get to profit with a issue that is forcing others to buy another controller as the solution. I have been a supporter of Microsoft for quite some time, and I would understand the issue of the warranty, had it not been part of the controller that CANNOT be replaced. All I am asking for, is some new grips to adhere to the controller, or to send it in and get a replacement, of just the grips I don't care about getting a whole new controller to replace the grips... this is insanely shortsighted on Microsoft's part to have a grip that expands outside of the slot/groove for them. I have also included pictures to show off how the grips are extending past the grooves, and there is no way to "push" them back inside.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

For assistance regarding all Xbox concerns, please click this link.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is not helpful. We paid an extremely large amount of money for these controllers, they should last longer than ten months.

274 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like your controller has been resting in water....do you sweat a lot from your hands?

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having exactly the same issue. It wouldn't be too bad if I could glue them back but the rubber has expanded too much. For the money spent the support and response from Microsoft is disgusting! I would expect £130 controller to last longer than 1 year.

56 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also noticed the same thing on my controller today. The grips on the bottom are starting to swell. Not sure what i am going to do yet, and the controller is way out of warranty, almost a year old now. Not really happy about this right now, seeing as how much it costs.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought this controller roughly 6 months ago and the left side has peeled and bubbled up, now causes chafing/irritation to my palm during extended play. Considering I keep it in its case when not in use this is unacceptable for $150US. Contacted support and they flat told me I'd have to purchase a new controller.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue my grips came off on one side and are barely hanging in there on the other and they only answer is buy a new one warranty is up. I have only had it for 6 or 7 months. I play a lot so I am guessing its the heat transfer from hands warming up rubber making it expand and fall off not sweat as everyone is implying.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Has anyone found a solution for THIS (I have no nice words) junk?

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem I even bought insurance which apparently is useless. I called it in and was told it was just a cosmetic piece, therefore not covered. 

1. Why was the grip advertised for functionality when i bought it then? They don't even mention the grips in the store anymore. Wonder why...

2. Since i have insurance and was told that the controller is still fine, doesn't that make microsoft responsible if i get injured on any sharp plastic that may be exposed?

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem with my elite controller and Microsoft offers zero solutions other than purchasing a new controller.  There are other companies however such as Scuff that sells replacement panels with their own grips on, this is probably our best bet with Microsoft not offering any help for their poor quality, over priced controller.  

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2020 Views 47,244 Applies to: