Xbox one controller causing FPS lag

My issue is exactly as stated by many others in this locked, unanswered thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-s-controller-causing-major-performance/e69a5864-794f-4355-83d8-a018b7ade00f

When the xbox One controller is connected via bluetooth, some games experience severe FPS lag, especially when the connection between the controller and bluetooth receiver is blocked by something physical.

Please fix this, rather than just locking threads with no response.

Edit: I found a workaround while we wait for Microsoft not to respond!

|

Huh. I'm happy to say I found a workaround myself. Here's an example of how to fix this for Trials Fusion, which is notorious for exhibiting this issue. It seems when games use the default microsoft driver/configuration, on a bluetooth-connected xbox one controller, there is major FPS lag. This can be tested by holding the controller behind your back and seeing the FPS drop significantly. However, using Steam's driver/config and adding the game as a non-steam product allows it to work. Bizarre.

The fix:

1. Install Steam

2. Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings

3. Check "xbox configuration support"

4. Games > Add a non-steam game to my library

5. Click Browse

5. Browse to your UPlay folder and select the Trials Fusion executable

6. Run the game from within Steam. Hold the controller behind your back. It runs at a solid framerate!

Hey Microsoft - could you please fix this issue natively? And not just leave us out in the cold to fend for ourselves?

59 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2021 Views 12,191 Applies to: