Windows 10 DirectX 12

I have installed windows 10 pro 32 bit from windows 7 ultimate

Still i didn't get directx 12

Answer
Answer

Hello Adithyaa,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with after installing windows 10, you didn’t get Direct X 12 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There might be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt or missing Windows files or some third party applications is causing conflict in the computer.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, please provide me with the following information.

1. Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message along with the error code?

2. Was there any DirectX previously installed in the computer?

To check which version of Direct X is installed in the computer, please follow the steps given below.

1. Press Windows +R keys on the keyboard.

2. In the Run box, type dxdiag.

3. Press Enter.

4. You will get the version of Direct X in the computer.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try and run DirectX Diagnostic Tool and also try other steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

Note: DirectX is a suite of technologies used by many multimedia apps in Windows. If you're having problems getting a game or movie to play properly, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool can help you find the problem.

Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/diagnosing-basic-problems-with-directx

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check installing DirectX using DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer download link and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

If the issue does not occur in“Clean Boot”, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions for “Windows 8.1 and Windows 8” given in the section “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a Clean Boot” from the same given link.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

If the issue persists, follow method 4.

Method 4:

I would suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties

2. Select Compatibility Tab

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

4. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer to the link given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

Note: It will find compatibility information and get Windows compatible device drivers, app updates, and downloads.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/frequently-asked-questions-windows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Regards
Jayant Gupta - Microsoft Support Engineer

84 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 20, 2023 Views 68,570 Applies to: