Unable to play the Minecraft full game

Hi,

Yesterday I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from the Microsoft Store after previously having downloaded the trial version. The problem is that now when I try to play the game it opens it as if it's the trial with minimal access and a button to unlock the full game. I have tried clicking this button but after confirming my password nothing happens. I can't figure out how to uninstall it in an attempt to reinstall it and possibly fix the issue. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I might be able to access this game I've purchased.

Thanks in advance,

Rachel

Edit: I have since managed to uninstall and reinstall the game with no luck.

Hi Rachel,

If you encounter issues in accessing the game's full version, it may be because the system still detects the trial version you've first downloaded. To resolve this issue, we recommend uninstalling the game's trial version. Here are the steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
  2. Select All apps, and then find Minecraft's trial version.
  3. Right-click it, and then select Uninstall.
  4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
  5. Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Launch the full version and check if the same issue occurs.

If the same issue occurs, kindly proceed with uninstalling and reinstalling the game's full version. Refer to How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10 for the steps.

If you encounter issues in uninstalling the trial or the full version of the game, kindly visit this link and download the tool that can help fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2023 Views 3,527 Applies to: