Teredo Tunneling Adapter... WHY!!! (No Teredo Tunneling Adapter, Teredo Tunneling adapter not working)

I have had 3 different computers and attempted to use the Xbox app. Sometimes it works for the beginning but after a while something f**ks up and it stops working.

Let me assure you:

• It is not my computer specs.
  • Nothing is wrong anywhere in my network.
  • It has worked before.

Is there any solid workaround? Every single tutorial I have found online does not work. When I go into device manager and uninstall Teredo (which I couldn't even see before entering a bunch of commands into cmd), when I go to reinstall it I don't see it in the Microsoft legacy hardware section.

I haven't found a workaround for this ever since mid 2015 when Windows 10 came out, it has been broken ever since. I cannot play any Windows PC games online. I absolutely hate how every single PC game doesn't just go through Steam...

EDIT: I seem to have found a fix... I am now getting connection...

These are the commands I entered into PowerShell (you can use cmd) ADMIN exactly as I did:

netsh int teredo set state disable
netsh int teredo set state type=default
netsh int teredo set state enterpriseclient
netsh int teredo set state servername=teredo.remlab.net

Try connection to Xbox App now.

|
Thanks for these tips radwic, they will be useful for others who experience the same problem.
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I haven't found a solution either, I usually get on the Xbox app to talk with friends on parties then when i join their party it shows my mic but it says something about my network, So i go into PowerShell as Admin and type netsh interface teredo set state disable and netsh interface teredo set state type=default and it works well even when i close the app or computer goes to sleep it works but when i turn off the computer i have to type that again and sometimes it works.. please Microsoft/Xbox fix this

6 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2021 Views 15,073 Applies to: