Server Connectivity is blocked for XBox App in Windows 10

Hello, 

I am running the latest build (1803) for Windows 10 Pro and when launching the Xbox app then the server connection will indicate it is blocked even though there are no indications what is causing the fail. 

I am running Norton Security and a Netgear Blackhawk router and in either case I have added ports for Teredo to forward, along with disabling/uninstalling my firewall and nothing I have tried has been any success. 

When I review the hidden items within Device Manager it does not even show Teredo, yet from the command line it shows its working (as shown below)

I have indeed tried Microsoft however they are not helpful at all, as they are just reading from a script, and honestly when someone asks if my Internet connection is working when I am in a chat window on the same computer then it does not give me much hope. 

Personally I believe Microsoft broke something in the update however Windows 10 recovery does not provide an option to restore from a earlier build. However if anyone else has any feedback or suggestions it would be most appreciated. 

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh interface teredo set state servername=win10.ipv6.microsoft.com
Ok.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Netsh Int Teredo Show Stat

Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type                    : client
Server Name             : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com
Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds
Client Port             : unspecified
State                   : qualified
Client Type             : teredo client
Network                 : unmanaged
NAT                     : restricted (address)
NAT Special Behaviour   : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes
Local Mapping           : 192.168.1.5:50548
External NAT Mapping    : 68.3.201.224:50548

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2019 Views 2,056 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi AZMonthman,

Thank you for bringing this up. Just to give you a heads up that we're receiving contacts having the same issue on the Xbox app wherein their Server connectivity is Blocked. It's possible that there's an adjustment made on the Xbox server which blocking the connection of Xbox apps to it. Our engineers are aware of this known issue and they're currently working on a fixed. Rest assured that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

You can also share this concern with our Microsoft team by using the Feedback Hub on Windows 10. The Feedback Hub app lets you tell Microsoft about any problems you run into while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience. Sending a suggestion or reporting a problem can be as easy as finding feedback similar to yours and upvoting it.

To add a new feedback you may follow the steps below: 

1. Select Add new feedback next to the search bar. 
  2. Tell us whether you’re sending a problem or suggestion. 
  3. In the Summarize your issue box, provide a concise but clear title for your problem or suggestion. 
  4. In the Give us more detail (optional) box, you can give us more specific information, like how you encountered the problem. 
  5. Select a category that corresponds to your feedback. For example, if your printer stopped working, you’d select Hardware, Devices, and Drivers
  6. Select a subcategory—like Print for problems with printing. 
  7. (Optional) Step through the problem while capturing the steps so we can see what happened. 
  8. (Optional) Send a screenshot to help show the problem. 
  9. When you’re satisfied with your feedback, select Submit

Let us know if you need clarifications. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello AZMothMan/dowsett 

I have just read your post somewhere amongst the billion searches,

I'm guessing like me you have tried to play a new game and come amongst this problem, 

Ariel, I really don't think its very acceptable service from Microsoft that users are having to research for hours amongst hours to try find a resolution,

I also don't find it very good that you haven't provided anyone with a link to be able to find updates news on when/how this is being fixed.

I've spent hours last night and today researching through the internet being told to restart my PC, disable my firewall, restart Teredo and uninstall/reinstall.

Pretty much I've done everything but sacrificing a goat to Microsoft engineers.

Surely you have some sort of way to let users know that this Teredo issue is being fixed?

Currently I have NAT type: Teredo is unable to qualify and Server Connectivity: Blocked.

My NAT type changes from Open - Teredo is unable to quality very frequently.

Please get this sorted, not happy with my first experience using the xbox app.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem and it is so aggravating.

It works sometimes then dosent work, but it never ever works for Forza Horizon 3, i put so much money into that game and i haven't played it since November 2017. I called Microsoft for help but they told me i needed an xbox to fix my issue.

And all i find is threads like these, left abandoned with no solution. I'm trying to have patience but ive tried everything to fix these issues to no avail. How can i not be frustrated? Its like they dont even care.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having the exact same problem and yet it works just fine on the computer my parents own and yes I've checked that mine is connected to the internet and yes it is I've also disabled and enabled Teredo multiple times and I've done other stuff people have told me to do and it still has not been fixed and its been 3 months since they said they would fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I’ve found that unintalling the newest Microsoft security update fixes the problem. Go to update & security, then click view installed update history. Click uninstall updates. The one I uninstall is Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4457142). Hope this helps!

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I’ve found that unintalling the newest Microsoft security update fixes the problem. Go to update & security, then click view installed update history. Click uninstall updates. The one I uninstall is Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4457142). Hope this helps!

Hi, i tried unistalling the exact security update that you did, but my server connectivity is still blocked and still “teredo is unable to qualify”. I honestly dont think ill ever get this worked out. Thanks for the tip though!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I am having this exact same issue and its annoying. I've tried everything and to no avail nothing works. 

Sorry this didn't help.

UNINSTALL UPDATE KB4457142. The second I did this it worked for me. I don't know why, but it did

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

UNINSTALL UPDATE KB4457142. The second I did this it worked for me. I don't know why, but it did

I've had the same problem and im on the verge of losing my mind, i bought FH4 on tuesday and ive looked forward to online, will try this though and hope it helps.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello everyone, I sat and tried to fix this for 3 days, and I must say I tried everything and nothing worked.

Until I came up with an idea.

What you need.

You need a USB with at least 8 GB of space.

Now for anyone thinking you will reinstall your OS doing this, you won't. This will just make sure you have all the windows updates! Even if windows says you have all the windows updates its not always 100% correct! I myself had "all" updates downloaded and installed but nothing worked. It kept giving me the same error (the picture error message you posted)

What you need to get is this download,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you want to click on download tool under this text

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create Windows 10 installation media

To get started, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10. You can then download and run the media creation tool. For more information on how to use the tool, see the instructions below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you download it open it up do all the steps the program asks you to do, after all that, you should have a USB Stick with Windows 10 on it.

Next

Don't turn the computer off just go to the USB stick and turn on the Windows 10 installer, after that make sure you select where it says keep apps and windows files, After you do that the install should first install updates and then do the rest automatically it will restart your computer 2 times after that, when you log in to your computer it will do everything with the setting up computer to your use pics, after a bit it will normally go to your desktop with everything on it like you didn't do anything, it will pretty much have left your computer in the same state it was except you will have all the completed updates and the Xbox network thing should work now.

It worked for me hope it helps you, people, too.

Sorry this didn't help.