Problem Windows 10 Minecraft java.net.Connectexception

My boys love to lan on Minecraft. It all worked great until we updated to Windows 10. Now when they want to join a lan-world they get them message "java.net.connectexception:connection timed out:no further information". I'm sorry if I cannot be more specifik, but I don't know enough about it. Do we need to change something in our Firewall? / Hopeful mom

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to post your query in Mine craft forum.

www.minecraftforum.net

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Thanks & regards,

Abdul Malik

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You need to allow Java ("Java(TM) Platform SE binary") to communicate through the firewall.

107 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue. It didn't how up until I upgraded to Windows 10. Java is allowed through the firewall incoming and outgoing. I can connect to Internet Minecraft servers just not to the one I run on my own LAN. I've been running that server for nearly 3 years.

The Minecraft server is running on a box that runs Windows Home Server 2011. Nothing has changed on that box.

It's the same server I was running when I had Windows 7 on my desktops. Then I had no problems. I have three machines with this problem now.  

I can share files/folders etc from the box with the Minecraft server. I did have to leave and rejoin the Homegroup.

The only thing I can think of that changed is upgrading to Windows 10. I really like Windows 10. I just want to figure this out.

The only error I see is the one quoted in the original post. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, for me it turned out the problem was the firewall on my home server. I had to add rules to allow inbound connections for TCP and UDP ports 25565 from my LAN and our desktops could reach the Minecraft server again. I don't know why the Java rules weren't enough by themselves anymore.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My boys love to lan on Minecraft. It all worked great until we updated to Windows 10. Now when they want to join a lan-world they get them message "java.net.connectexception:connection timed out:no further information". I'm sorry if I cannot be more specifik, but I don't know enough about it. Do we need to change something in our Firewall? / Hopeful mom

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2022 Views 16,597 Applies to: