Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers

So I've experienced this problem for a while now and I have absolutely have no idea why it keeps happening.

It started about 5 months ago when we moved to our new house. The house didn't have WiFi yet so my pc had to keep idle for a while,

the moment we got connection though (took at least 2 weeks) I plugged my pc and started some updates but then after a few seconds of booting i noticed my mouse wasnt moving and the whole screen froze i restarted the pc then it was fine but like 2-5 mins after booting it froze again so when i restarted my pc this time i searched about it and learned a few tips, after my pc froze one more time i tried pressing my caps lock or num lock buttons to see if the LED light in my keyboard would respond but it didn't. so knowing these few things i tried troubleshooting i noticed if i was watching youtube and the pc freezes the youtube window where the video would be playing would turn green so i looked it up and said it was a driver issue so i tried to update my GPU driver but it would freeze before the driver finish downloading . At this point i was convinced it was the GPU's problem so i removed it and it was fine. i was running without a GPU for about 4 months but then we got better internet connection and i was able to play esports titles again but i had no GPU so i thought try the GPU one more time before installing the gpu i downloaded the gpu driver beforehand because the pc would freeze again before it got a chance to update the driver so i went to nvidia got their latest driver for my GPU installed the GPU and it worked for about 2 weeks my pc ran great no hiccups whatsoever until it started freezing again. this time i booted in safe mood bewildered at this point. I googled pc works fine in safe mode but freezes in normal mode and basically saw threads from pc forums and did anything they suggested i did a clean boot , i typed sfc/ scannow on the cmd and i came across a comment saying i should update my GPU driver surely enough my driver was outdated by a day so i installed the driver in safe mode and installed it in normal mode and the pc ran fine for 2 days until yesterday. Right now i feel exhausted and hopeless about this problem i removed the GPU again and it works fine but im not convinced its the GPU's fault . https://www.indexofapps.com/the-solution-when-windows-works-fine-in-safe-mode-but-freezes-in-normal-mode/ i followed this link when troubleshooting and sure enough when i enabled the driver it froze within 5 seconds i tried updating the driver too but it would freeze in the middle of installation at the end it wouldn't even get pass the driver's system check for compatibility saying "nvidia driver cannot find compatible hardware" and "Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows" at the same time. I realized there was a windows update pending so i updated it first but it would still get stuck in the middle of installation. Im running GPU-less now and works fine 

I would really like your opinion on my problem because i would like to be certain before throwing money at it.

Thank you very much!

PC specs

Cpu: i5 3340

Psu: Thermaltake Smart SPR-0600 80 Plus RGB Power Supply 600watts

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU: 1050 ti

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Alex,
please run driver verifier and after blue screens share dumps to OneDrive for analysis.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/244617...
This may help to find a cause.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Im sorry but i havent experienced any blue screens though would this still work?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Driver verifier may cause blue screens with faulty driver as a reason. just share dumps to OneDrive and we'll analyze them for you.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im not able to execute verifier as pc freeze within 10 seconds of boot can i run verifier in safe mode?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

anyhow i disabled tthe graphics driver via device manager restarted ran driver verifier and got a BSOD:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmgvmiHbr9YqlESztifJVfivSm-u?e=12mZH7

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

* * Merged * *

So i posted an earlier post about this problem, and a comment said to run driver verifier  so i did and got this specific BSOD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmgvmiHbr9YqlESztifJVfivSm-u?e=rReFu6. 

MY pc got this problem ever since we moved and had no internet for a while and after getting the connection it would just freeze, the freezes are inconsistent  sometimes it would take 10 minutes after boot, but most of the time its within 10 seconds. without the GPU it works perfectly though my GPU is main thing on my pc i need. It had time of 2 weeks before freezing again and once it starts freezing it doesn't go away until i remove the GPU

I've tried everything i could think off:

I performed a clean boot

I removed the GPU, downloaded the driver, installed the GPU back, and ran the driver (this works every time i do this)

I deleted Nvdia Audio driver

I also tried sfc/ scannow on the CMD

I really am lost on this and any help would be highly appreciated, Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately file is damaged either during upload or during saving.
Seems it is better to diagnose hardware in service workshop.
------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

what is a service workshop? do you suspect it to be a hardware problem?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Service workshop or authorized service or repair center. Yes, i suspect this is hardware problem.
------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

would you advice me to buy a new GPU?

its hard for me to go out with the situation nowadays

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2024 Views 628 Applies to: