Out of Windows 10 Minecraft redeem codes?

You will no longer be able to redeem your free Minecraft Windows 10 code from Mojang. This had to be done by Monday 20th April 2020.

So I'm trying to redeem Minecraft for Windows 10 (I purchased the game back in 2011) and I keep getting this error upon hitting the redeem button:
Error! It looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft for Windows 10. Don't worry though, more codes should be on their way. Please check back later!
Are there really no codes available right now or is this a error on my end somehow?

[Moderator Edit: Added part in bold to reflect that this offer has now ended]

|
Answer
Answer

Please read Sumit's post marked as answer for more information.

Update: 18th April 2020

Mojang have posted that this problem with the codes has been resolved, and you should see the option to get your code if you are eligible. Please try redeeming your code now. 

Update: 20th April 2020

Last day to redeem your free Minecraft Windows 10 code by Midnight UTC time!

Update: 21st April 2020

Offer has now ended and you will be unable to redeem your Windows 10 Minecraft code now.

Nathan, 

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

43 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

This thread has run its course and would be locked. Those seeking Minecraft Windows 10 edition should see a code on the redeem page.

Windows 10 Code Error - Fixed!
https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360038403371-Windows-10-Code-Error

The redemption program would end on April 20, 2020 so make sure to get the code before.

If you purchased Minecraft Java Edition before October 18, 2018, you will see a button that says “Redeem” in your account.

·       If the button is grayed out, you’ve already claimed the code. Log in to your Microsoft account to redownload the game.

·       If you don’t have a Redeem button, you purchased Minecraft Java Edition after October 18, 2018 and are not eligible for this promotion.

update: 17th April 2020

Mojang are aware that there are no codes available at the moment, for those eligible. They are actively working on this and will get it working before the deadline. 

Update: 18th April 2020

Mojang have posted that this problem with the codes has been resolved, and you should see the option to get your code if you are eligible. Please try redeeming your code now. 

Update: 21st April 2020

Offer has now ended and you will be unable to redeem your Windows 10 Minecraft code now.

More information can be found on this Twitter post: https://twitter.com/MojangSupport/status/1250820862975963136

Sumit

Dell Inspiron 5590| Intel Core i5-10210U| 12GB DDR4| Nvidia MX230|Windows 11 preview

87 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2021 Views 90,904 Applies to: