My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition" does this mean he can't play on his computer?

So my friend just accidentally bought the edition on the microsoft store titled "Minecraft" does this not allow him to play on both pc and xbox because when he tries to download the "Minecraft" one it only prompts him to install on his xbox one not allow him to install it on his pc
Hi Ole,

"Minecraft" from Microsoft Store is playable both from PC and Xbox. You may view the system requirements for Minecraft here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/minecraft/9nb...

Make sure that your friend's computer meets the minimum requirements by going to Start Menu > Run > Type and enter "msconfig32" without quotes.

Once installed, go to Start Menu and search for Minecraft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, unfortunately, he just went to bed so I will see if he can get it to work tomorrow

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

although I also think I see what he's saying whenever I go to "Minecraft" on the Microsoft store it says I own it but it doesn't say play now or anything it just says install on devices and then it prompts me to install on an xbox one. When I go to "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition" It says play now because I obviously own it but for him, it says "Play free trial". Maybe this information could help you help me?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ole,

Thank you for the information.

If the "Install" option is not available under "Minecraft" on your friend's computer, the following are the possible reasons:

1. The app isn't available in your country or region.
- Not all apps are available worldwide. So the app your friend saw in France might not be available in Germany. If you bought an app in one country or region and then you moved to another one, apps you had might disappear.

2. Microsoft family settings might be hiding apps.
- Parents can use Microsoft family settings to make sure that their child can't view or install apps that are inappropriate for their age. Get more info.

3. The app is no longer available.
- Sometimes an app is removed from Microsoft Store, but it takes a little time for the app description page to get pulled down. In addition, some apps and games are not available in Microsoft Store, but can be downloaded from the publisher's site directly.

4. The app is not compatible with your device.
- Microsoft Store automatically hides or blocks the Buy button on apps that are incompatible with your device. You might see an app from Microsoft Store available on your PC, but not on another PC, or your Xbox.

5. Your PC was recently updated, but wasn't restarted.
- If updates for Windows were recently installed, you'll need to restart your PC before you can install apps from Microsoft Store.

In this case, most likely the app is not compatible with your friend's computer, it may be that it doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

Try to reset the Microsoft Store cache. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe and then select OK.

Let us know if this helps you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 65 Applies to: