Minecraft Windows 10 Edition keeps freezing my computer

Whenever I play the game it just freezes. Sometimes it happens randomly, sometimes it happens when I open a menu or minimize the app. It has happened with other games too, but only once or twice. But Minecraft Windows 10 always freezes my computer eventually. 

For some additional info it has only happened with games, never on other apps. After the screen freezes the audio still continues until the song/video ends, I get disconnected, etc. And when I say freeze I mean it freezes my whole computer, not just the application. The mouse and keyboard doesn't work, and if I turn off my monitor and turn it back on it either displays a multicolored static screen or the image that it is frozen on. The only way I can fix it is if I press my reboot button my pc.

This isn't a store bought pc, it's one I built myself. And I just bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition a few days after that. I'm inclined to say it's the RAM but I'm no expert and really can't pinpoint the issue; any help is greatly appreciated! 

Hi Big,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Please check the different solutions that are specified in the link below that can address this specific issue.

https://windowsreport.com/minecraft-windows-crash/

Hope it helps.
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey "Abram pinto"
That site has a download like to Restoro.

It is a Virus to your computer.

BigMilk 

Do not download anything from there.

Thanks!

Picture of Proof

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the support, although for some reason my account was locked and I couldn't get in. I solved that a week ago as well as the freezing problem. Turns out I just had to install, uninstall, and reinstall some drivers. It was tedious but it solved all of my problems. A word of advice; when you have technical difficulties always check your drivers first!

9-15-20 Edit: Actually it wasn't the drivers. When I got an extra RAM stick, everything worked fine! I guess I was wrong after all. I would recommend to always get enough RAM.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 7, 2023 Views 1,754 Applies to: