Minecraft launcher wont open

Hello, I bought minecraft java a while ago, two days ago i updated my pc to the new windows, after doing this, i can no longer open the minecraft java launcher so i am not able to play. please help thanks
Answer
Answer

I found a fix for why "my" Minecraft desktop app won't open. It's because my launcher profiles are corrupted. So it works again after I deleted them. Search in Windows for %appdata% then open the ".minecraft" folder. Find the file called "launcher_profiles.json" and delete it. After this, you need to install all your previous profiles manually.

I hope this helps you! If not, try this: go to programs and uninstall Minecraft from there. Then delete the ".minecraft" folder. Lastly, download Minecraft from minecraft.net and install it again. This guarantee a fresh Minecraft game installation.

If this still doesn't help, try updating your java.

334 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Search in Windows for %appdata% then open the ".minecraft" folder. Find the file called "launcher_profiles.json" and delete it. After this, you need to install all your previous profiles manually. To install profiles again: launch Minecraft and make new profiles in the setting (relatively self-explanatory).

169 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 139,368 Applies to: