Live kernel event (freezing/crashing issue) with Assassin's Creed Odyssey

If I recall correctly, I started experiencing crashing issues after April 4th, when update 1.2.0 was released. On the same day, I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver from 419.35 to 419.67. I contacted Ubisoft support at first, but it seemed to be a hardware error. This is the description of the event that I was given:

Fault bucket rejected_by_rule, type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: e529b589-e229-4bfd-8b38-61f42bd843b6

Problem signature:

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffff978a79395010

Parameter 2: fffff8046e3b6560

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 58c

OS Version: 10_0_17763

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Attached files:

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20190503-1735.dmp

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-2017093-0.sysdata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD04E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD05E.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD05D.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD05E.tmp.txt

\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER2D34.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_141_a8ed2f4dfa6dc9b9640c250234937a0743a9824_00000000_cab_223f2ed9

Analysis symbol: 

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: f98d00da-8772-4dd9-a4dc-e796f8e90908

Report Status: 2147483648

Hashed bucket: 

Cab Guid: 0

The only things that changed that day were the two updates, but since then, the live kernel event errors have almost been a daily occurrence. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

My specs are:

Processor: Intel core i7-8700k

Installed RAM: 32.0 GB

System type: 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unfortunately the error you posted is next to useless to humans, but if you post the memory dump file to a file sharing site and

leave a link here someone may find something helpful in the dump file

[EDIT: which almost always point to a driver if you are using the free version of Who Crashed.]

Have a read of the article below for more details....

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) - Microsoft Community

- If you are using the 'Creator' version of 419.67, this could be related to your problem ?  Have you tried reinstalling 419.35 ?

Nvidia have two newer drivers since the one you are using, so you may want to try using 430.39.

I am still using 419.35 with my GTX1080, but won't be updating again until after the Win10 1903 version update is installed

in the next few weeks.

- Are all games crashing or only the one ? Soon after launching or after running for a period of time ?

"April 4th, when update 1.2.0 was released"

- I assume this is an update to the game. If so the update would be at fault if you are using the same hardware and Windows version

you were using prior to the 1.2.0 update, in which case it would be up to UbSoft to fix the issue.

What suggestions did you get at UbiSoft that have not helped ?

The update may have also introduced a conflict with the Nvidia driver or GeForce Experience. The 'Experience' is implicated in

issues with games from time to time. In this case Nvidia my fix the problem in an up coming driver, but you could uninstall

the Experience to determine if it's involved.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Aaron, I am Rob, an independent and a 12 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers. If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

The Code 141 event is a Bluescreen which did produce a minidump (or tried to). This is often tied to a faulting driver, such as the video driver, though it could be hardware. Be sure to check with Nvidia Support and forums about known issues. You might need to revert back to an older stable driver. If so use the Uninstall method below.

Display Driver Uninstall (download the driver you want but do not install it - then run this program - then install the video driver.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dr...

Nvidia - Drivers - Use OPTION 1 to manually enter your driver info to get most current drivers.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=...

Nvidia Support - check with Support as it could be a known issue
http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html

Nvidia Forums - also check for forums as it could be a known issue and/or others likely to have it
http://forums.nvidia.com/

======

More if needed :

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive or other file sharing sites (such as MediaFire). If you have problems uploading the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload them from there.

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/sha...

Upload photos and files
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add...

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump

Use OneDrive to upload collected files
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U...

------
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm currently using 430.39, but the problem began when I updated to 419.67. I'm using the latest version of Windows. Ubisoft support told me to update my drivers, along with verifying the files for the game. I had already updated my drivers, and verifying the files didn't help. This issue has only affected my PC for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It crashes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half after playing it, then freezes. The audio continues to play, but the screen turns black and the application closes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In Windows Error Reporting, the crashing issue is reported with the code 141, but my issue isn't causing bluescreens. The application closes and then the computer continues to work as it normally would.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI,

You might not see a conventional BSOD page however it is a bluescreen type event and we still need the .dmp files to analyze. Look for a .dmp files such as in C:\Windows\memory.dmp or anything in the C:\Windows\minidump folder.

Did you use the video card and driver info I posted?

------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

------

It would also be a good idea to check the memory.

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method
www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memtes...

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics
at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory
Diagnostic".

Here to help.

Rob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"This issue has only affected my PC for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. "

- The would seem the CTD's are due to the games patch then. If it were hardware you would most likely have problems with other games

that put a similar amount of stress on the system...

Perhaps with the exception of a bad sector on the HDD\SSD Windows or the game is installed on, or if you have changed the

RAM settings from default in BIOS .

(Too high RAM speed can cause irregular random CTD, or lock ups, particularly with games that have a high system requirement.)

You may want to try running in Clean Boot to trouble potential conflicts with Services or Startup programs brought on by the patch.

Note that any program you load after booting into Windows would be missed by Clean Boot, so keep them in mind.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The issue has not affected me for two days. The only change I made was the use of the Memory Diagnostic Tool, and I also ran a program to scan my computer for viruses and found one file that may have been causing problems, which I deleted. I tried running WhoCrashed, but no valid crash dumps were found on my computer. I will update you on this if the issue persists, but it may have been solved by deleting the file.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you do have another event let us know. WhoCrashed is a good tool however it will not come close to as detailed an analysis as I will do.

Rob (in my other persona)

Rob Brown - past Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider MVP 2016 - 2021
Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT 2009 - 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Things are looking up, eh!

The file you deleted may have been the cause. The memory test cannot not fix or change anything.

Unlike Disk Check, it only tells you if the RAM is faulting.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Last night, the program caused my display to crash again, but this time, the computer restarted. When it did, the display did not work after turning it on and off, plugging and unplugging the display, etc. This afternoon, I turned my computer on, and after about twenty minutes, the display started working again. There still aren't any memory dump files, despite the fact that I enabled them in the "automatic" setting. I checked Security and Maintenance in Control Panel, and it was the same LiveKernelEvent 141 problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 15,423 Applies to: