I recently just factory reset my pc and lost nvidia control panel

I recently just factory reset my pc and lost nvidia control panel, is there anyway i can get it back?

You can also install Nvidia Control Panel from a stand alone installer package, but first verify the mfg of your...( laptop ?)

does not have a more recent Nvidia driver version than the one that is currently installed.

If they do, install the newer driver version, and it should also install an Nvidia Control Panel.

Also check for motherboard drivers from the mfg's download page for your model.

Get NVIDIA Control Panel - Microsoft Store en-AU

There is a good possibility that Windows installed an older driver version during the reset. In this instance download the driver

from the laptop mfg's download page and install that after you uninstall the current driver via Programs and Features, or Apps & Features

and reboot into Windows.

- If you are using a desktop machine download the driver from the Nvidia site...

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Because Nvidia have been wanting to be rid of Control Panel in favour of the Geforce Experience I believe they may have

an option not to install Control Panel in the newer driver releases (I've a vague recollection of seeing this option in a recent driver update),

but I don't recall if the default was to install or not install Control Panel.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Arron000

When you reset Windows, that will remove all device drivers and associated software for your hardware components, it is like a clean install

Windows update will install most of your device drivers, but not the associated utilities or software

After a reset, it is always best to go to the support page for your PC and from there download and install the missing drivers and things like the nVidia graphics drier package that will contain the Control Panel . . .

If you have any difficulty locating the support page for your PC, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 4,918 Applies to: