How to change child account to adult

So I am currently 18 and was monitoring my own account with  a different email as the "adult".  This account is the child. I want to change my account to say I am an adult (so I don't have to ask permission for everything), but I don't know how. I have tried on the Microsoft website and I have tried on my Xbox One. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2019 Views 39,946 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Brookelynn,

Your Xbox Live account age will be based from the Date of Birth that you entered when you created your Xbox Live profile online. Once the account reaches the age of 18 years old, it will automatically change to adult.

If you accidentally set up an incorrect Date of Birth on the account, you have to wait for the account to become an adult or create a new account with the correct Date of Birth. However, if your account shows the correct Date of Birth and the system recognizes it as child account, you can promote the child account to adult by adding a payment instrument and a billing information to your Microsoft Account. You can go to this link and follow the steps to add a payment instrument to your account.

You may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above. 

57 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.