Games won't launch on Windows 10

I just recently upgraded to windows 10. I tried to play my steam games today. The launching game screen would flicker then vanish without brining up the game. I discovered that the same thing happened when I tried to play an online RPG game. I am not sure quite what to do about this annoying problem as I never had this issue with my windows 7...

Any and all help would be appreciated! If someone knows a fix I will need detailed instructions as I am not the best at updating and fixing stuff.

Original title: Games wont launch now?

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check.

1. Press Windows key + X and select Device manager.

2. Now click on Display adapter to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

3. Once you are done uninstalling the driver restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.

If the still persist, I suggest you to update the display driver and check.

1. Press Windows key + X and select Device manager.

2. Now click on Display adapter to expand, right click on the device and click on update.

If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated display adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the driver install and then check the functionality. 

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2021 Views 19,574 Applies to: