Free edition of Minecraft for Windows 10 not on my device

Hello,

As you know, yesterday (April 21, 2020) was the last day to get the free edition of the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft if you already owned the Java version. I bought the Java version in 2016 so I was excited to grab the Bedrock edition. However, when I supposedly got it yesterday, it didn't download or register or something, and now I don't have it on my laptop. It says I have the trial though. I've tried logging in to Microsoft and Mojang accounts to claim it again, but it says I need to purchase it. Maybe it's an error on my end and I somehow didn't get the Bedrock edition in time, but it would be nice to figure out if I can get this back.

Below I posted screenshots of my Mojang account (proof of purchase of Java edition before 2018 as well as no Bedrock edition present) and a screenshot of the Microsoft website showing I have to purchase the game.

If there's any fix to this, I would appreciate it!

Answer
Answer

Hi Yoshi,

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news, but the redeem offer ended on 20th April, not 21st. I am afraid you would not be able to get a free copy the easier way. You can contact Minecraft support and see if they give you a pass.

Mark Yes below the post if it helped or resolved your problem

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not represent the views or opinions of Microsoft.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 726 Applies to: