Forza Horizon 3 crash on launch

I have an issue with Forza Horizon 3 where if I try to launch the game, it instantly crashes. There is no popup for failure of any sort and it just looks as if nothing happened, just as if I closed the game right away. My computer is faster than needed to run the game and is updated to the newest version of Windows 10. I have seen many ways to fix the issue but none work. If anyone knows how to fix this, that could help not just me but allot of other people.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Jared,

There are a lot of potential reasons why the Forza Horizon 3 won't launch. One of which is having a corrupted game file. For us to properly assist you with this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly verify the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Are you having the issue with your other games?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, kindly click the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Window apps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for helping

The issue first started after about 1 month after installing. I had Forza Motorsport 6 downloaded and that game worked fine along with the Forza Motorsport 7 demo. I have done the Windows Store and app troubleshooter multiple times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game about 4 times. The game will not work on certain days and will work on others, but while running it can crash sometimes. I have a GTX 980ti with 16gb of ram so its not crashing because of system requirements. I had the game stored on a single 250gb ssd, and now its on two 250gb ssd's runing in raid 0. The storage of the game on the drives made no difference.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the information and for trying all the possible troubleshooting steps. To further isolate this concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
  2. Select System.
  3. Select Apps and features.
  4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
  5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
  2. Select System.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select This PC.
  5. Click Temporary files.
  6. Choose Temporary files.
  7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Perform a clean boot on your computer. To proceed, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

If the issue persists, we recommend that you also post this concern to the Forza Horizon 3 forums.

Kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

Kindly update us with the results.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Also having the same issue, however not under the exact same circumstances. This is the first time im making a purchase from the microsoft store. I was unable to buy the game through paypal in my region so i indirectly bought it by asking a friend to make the purchase for me, the transactions were successful but the problem now lies in the downloading process.  i've tried countless times to download Forza h3, each time has been slightly different, sometimes it starts and goes straight to downloading the gigs, sometimes i see it telling me its "almost ready" in another attempt but ultimately i arrive at the same end, im curious as to whether or not im even recieving all the data when its being downloaded, it successfully goes to telling me its installed but when i boot up the game, i encounter the issue where the initial launch screen comes up, sits there for a moment, then just disappears. No error message or anything.

I was advised by a friend to try running it as admin for my start menu, but i dont see that option when i right click.

from what i've tried after googling the problem all day:

Resetting the store through command prompts and manually closing and reopening.

relogging into my account. 

opening it from the xbox app.

restarting my pc

disabling the mic and my antivirus, i dont have avast so i doubt thats an issue.

reinstalling the game multiple times as i said earlier

"clearing the cache"

All of this amounted to nothing, i troubleshooted the issue, and all it did was reset the store telling me its fixed but to no avail.

My pc isnt exactly the highest spec but as far as i know its capable of running the game on low settings. i have 3 different hard drives, the one i installed it to had roughly 101gb before installing the game. im not sure if downloading it to the bigger drives makes a difference, havent tried it yet, before i waste more of my time im hoping for some help here.

8gb of ram, however i dont, for whatever reason have direct x12, not sure where exactly i should get that from,  My w10 is also up to date.

Something else im not sure about in terms of relevance to my game crashing is my w10 tells me it isnt genuine, i've tried looking into this but its rather puzzling as i cant pinpoint why it would be telling me this in the first place. Whats more on that note is, as im typing this, i dont see the little notification that it normally there right now.

Not sure what else to do to fix this, not sure if its even on my end,  but i'd really like some help, i've been at this all day, just bought the game and its frustrating that for my 45$ it wont even get passed the launch, im almost considering just buying an xbox1 which i'd rather avoid.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alexander,

We would like to know if you already tried the troubleshooting steps provided above and posted this concern to the Forza Horizon 3 forums.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried all of those solutions multiple times and have even reset my whole computer by uninstalling and installing the OS. It still is an issue and I haven't been able to get the game to work for awhile now. I have posted a comment on the Forza Horizon 3 forums awhile ago, and then have been told that site is not for the issues, that is why I asked for help here. But thanks for all the help, hopefully their can be a patch of some sort to optimize more computers for the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem.. I have tried every step. No solution yet...

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problems, managed to play it for a few hours turned it off htne crashes immediatly, unistalled it and installed it again and still same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

temporary solution!!!

For everyone who's having a crash at the launch of the game, my games crashes everytime! So tried to uninstall one of the DLC's, I have the Hotweels DLC. So I uninstalled that. Launched the game and it works!

So:

-Forza Horizon 3

-Hotweels DLC

-Blizzard Mountain DLC

1. Uninstall one of the DLC's (I'd suggest hotweels since it's the smallest dlc) 

1.2 just to be sure reset in App & Features

2. Click play Forza from the start menu (your game should work by this step!)

3. Install hotweels DLC again.

Your game should work! this worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no DLC areas like Hotwheels or Blizzard Mountain installed, its mainly a game stability and optimization issue. Some people say its Nvidia drivers causing the issue, others say you have to delete coding from the game.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2020 Views 32,027 Applies to: