FLIGHT SIMULATOR X ERROR 1603 ON WINDOWS 10

Dear experts,

I installed FSX on win 10....but at the initial process there was a problem written " Error: -1603 fatal error during installation" "Consult windows installer help (msi.chm) or msdn for information"

when I went to services, my windows intaller can not be set to automatic....it set to manual....

Please, hel me

regards,

Hi,

There are several possible explanations as to why you’re encountering the error code 1603 when installing Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Here’s a list of the common reasons:

• Corrupted game installation files
  • Failure to authenticate the product key you're using in installing the game.
  • There are software conflicts that occur when installing the game.
  • There are updates available for your Windows 10 device.
  • Your device doesn't meet the game requirements.

Let's isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Are you installing the game through the setup files you've downloaded or using a game disc?
  • Have you tried installing other games to check if the same issue occurs?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform a clean boot. This process helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when installing a game on Windows 10. Refer to How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the steps.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

There are several possible explanations as to why you’re encountering the error code 1603 when installing Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Here’s a list of the common reasons:

• Corrupted game installation files
  • Failure to authenticate the product key you're using in installing the game.
  • There are software conflicts that occur when installing the game.
  • There are updates available for your Windows 10 device.
  • Your device doesn't meet the game requirements.

Let's isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Are you installing the game through the setup files you've downloaded or using a game disc?
  • Have you tried installing other games to check if the same issue occurs?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform a clean boot. This process helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when installing a game on Windows 10. Refer to How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the steps.

I installed by a disc, by the way.

Several months ago, I could run it and played with that dvd on my old win xp PC. And now I have new win 10 notebook (2.4 Ghz, Ram 4gb, VGA 4gb)

Well, I ll try those tips now.

Thanks

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After you have considered those suggestions and still find no solution, then look at the advice given at this link below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/error-1722-reinstalling-fsx-link-doesnt-work/36efb5cd-bd7d-451f-bab8-3d0e1dc0124c

You will have to download the file from Fly Away Simulation and follow the instructions, especially using Elevated Command Prompt to reset the Installer.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 7,224 Applies to: