Error code 0x803F8001 when trying to start Prey

I have Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10, and I got this error when trying to launch Prey: Prey is not available in your account right now. This is the code in case you need it: 0x803F8001

I already tried to restart, change account, reinstall the game in another HD... Nothing worked.

If anyone has some idea of how to fix it, I'll be glad to know.

Thanks

Hi, RAPHAELMAGRI

My name is Smith and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Follow these steps:

1) launch powershell
2) Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
3) Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, but It didn't work. I Tryed those two commands by openning PowerShell as Administrator, but no progress. Same error code!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I recommend you to completely repair Windows, First, it would be a good idea to backup your personal files and photos

https://www.intowindows.com/repair-windows-10-i...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"If anyone has some idea of how to fix it"

- As bad as the other on line game retailers (Steam, etc) may seem the MS Store has to be the worst. Best fix. Avoid buying games from MS.

Anyway, here are some links to get you started on the Store related (I very much doubt Windows needs repairing) 0x803F8001 error.

You should be able to find something you have not already tried that will work.

The MS Article...

.https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/error-code-0x803F8001

One local forum answer...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_store/error-code-0x803f8001/2c674ad2-5ab3-46f5-aa0a-6e4d1d9c1550

The rest of a search....

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=0x803F8001&t=ffnt&ia=answer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I get the exact same error when I try to start Prey, just freshly installed it. Can play all other Games which are available to me through Xbox Game Pass like FH4, Blair Witch, Metro Exodus no issues.

When I checked the Windows Store App I noticed that Prey is not listed there at all.

However, when i click the "See in store" button in the error message dialog ...

"Prey is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001" -- See in Store
... the windows store app pops up with Prey displayed, and it actually says  "Prey is currently not available" under the Play button.

I can only assume it's a region lock thing which the Windows Store is aware off, but the Xbox PC Beta app isn't.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 3,582 Applies to: