Cannot buy Robux with Microsoft Account Money

I attempted to purchase Robux for my son to use when he plays Roblox on PC. The prompt indicated I had to approve from my account but then said I needed to add money to my sons's child MS account. I did so but now there is no way to actually pay for the Robux from his account. I have temporarily turned off require permission for purchases and still there is no option to use the money from his account.  If paying from his account is not possible I need a refund for the money transferred to his Microsoft account

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did you get anywhere with this? Im having the same trouble 

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ended up having to install Roblox on our Xbox, link his Xbox and Roblox accounts and then purchase the Robux from the Xbox using his account.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem.

Money taken off my debit card. Can see the transaction in my Microsoft account.

Money put into son's Microsoft account. 'Microsoft credit redeemed - paid with redeemed code'

What? No idea what that means? I didn't do anything with gifts/codes.

And where I live 'redeemed' means that the credit has already been spent.

But no funds were put into his Roblox account.
There's no details whatsoever on the Microsoft 'order details' page. It's atrocious.

I'm furious that Microsoft has such a convoluted way of managing payments, and it doesn't even work.

And all my attempts to contact them to get support or a refund lead to dead ends and stupid virtual bots.

Why are these coders getting paid 50,000$ - 100,000$ a year for writing code that simply doesn't work? I'm on minimum wage. That £10 was supposed to be a treat for my son for doing well at school. And Microsoft has basically just stolen my money. It's so infuriating.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had to go to https://account.microsoft.com/family/, from there I had to cancel a request from my son to buy Robux. And then he had to request it again. (Or i turned of the request feature..not sure about that) After that he could use the money I added to his child microsoft account and use it in Roblox.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I dont even see the request to buy on my family account.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The same thing has happened to us and i have a $10 credit that is meant to go on my son’s account so he can buy Robux but there is no way to do it on the pc. This is an absolute rort from Microsoft preying on kids and their parents! $10 down the drain and one extremely sad and disappointed child. Sort it out Microsoft!

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As far as I can see this is whats happening:

As a parent you can add money to your Microsoft child account at: https://account.microsoft.com/family/

At https://account.microsoft.com/family/ you can also see how much money is available on your child account.

If your child account has money but cannot use it in Roblox check the following:

If you have money on your child account but cannot use it in Roblox because you get the message your child need to ask parent first, you can see these requeste at  https://account.microsoft.com/family/ under your child account.

What I did is delete/decline the request. You have to check wether the request is removed.

Then remove the feature the child has to ask approval to buy something. (This is important because this was not working properly with Roblox. You can turn it on again later) It's the second-last tablink on the child account page on my login. Here switch the option to off.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

> delete/decline the request. You have to check whether the request is removed.

I accepted the request initially, which is how the money got into the family account.

The prompt to accept the request didn't go away, so I tried accepting again, and another 10GBP was put into the MS family account.

So now I am 20GBP in the hole.

The request still didn't disappear, so I declined it, and now it is gone, but the money is still there, stuck in the MS family account.

Now there is no way to get this money into the Roblox. In my son's Roblox Windows app, when he clicks on the 'buy Robux' icon, the Microsoft store dialogue asks for an address, even though 1) he is under thirteen and should not have to supply that information and 2) he already has a name and address in his Microsoft/xbox profile.

The other totally annoying thing is that his region in this dialogue box is fixed as 'United Kingdom' but we are in Spain. So we can't even fill out the dialogue with our address, because it won't accept the Spanish postcode. I've no idea why this dialogue has set the country and currency to UK, and it's so ridiculous that we have no control over it. Nowhere else in his Microsoft or Xbox accounts does it think that he is in UK. He has only our real address stated in the accounts. The only place where it insists on UK/GBP is in this stupid dialogue box when he tried to buy Robux.

Then when we try to get past the address, we get an error that says something like: 'Check Sender Name, it contains a prohibited word', even though both my account and his have all the correct name and address information.

The simplest thing would be to get a refund, and buy direct from the Roblox website instead. But firstly, Microsoft hide this page - you have to type xbox.com/refunds into you browser bar - there is no link to the refunds page on the xbox website. And what the hell, anyway? I paid on the Microsoft family website and expected to apply for a refund there too - I didn't even know the xbox site existed. We've never even owned any console. I've spent hours trying to search for how to talk to a human, what's causing the errors, why the region is wrong, and how to apply for a refund.

Then secondly, Microsoft have been sitting on my refund request for a week now. Apparently they think they have no obligation to refund you, because somehow you 'gave up your rights' due it being a digital transaction (which is wrong... in Europe you have 15 days no matter what - that's the consumer protection law here). But I'm fully expecting to get an email stating that the refund request has been denied. And then what am I supposed to do? Sue the largest software company in the world for £20?

Only Microsoft could make a transaction so broken in 2020. Either they are complete idiots, or just thieves. One or the other - take your pick.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I asked for a refund a week ago and not had an answer (see post below), but I expect them to deny the request.

Tell me if you manage to get one.

You ask for a refund at xbox.com/refunds

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

chill bro

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 5,059 Applies to: