I can't wrap my head around SkyDrive in Windows 8.1. These are the problems that I am having:
- I select a folder, and then select online only. The Available Offline disappears. I come back 5 minutes later, and the folder once again says "Available Offline."
- When you select online only, after a folder was available offline, you should see some status as to what is happening. i.e. these 650 files are being deleted.
- The SkyDrive App says "Downloading 6 items..." in the upper right of the screen. It has been downloading the same 6 items for the past 3-4 hours. These items in total are not even a mb in size. When I go to Task Manager, it shows that SkyDrive is not uploading or downloading anything.
- My disk usage is at 100%. SkyDrive is showing at 1-4MB/s. What is it doing if it is not uploading/downloading anything?
- There is no make this thing stop button, so it hogs my bandwidth when I am trying to upload or download something. When uploading several websites (6+gigs of data), SkyDrive was constantly uploading something (0.4Mbps +/-)
- If the files are not on my computer, I do not want to see them in Explorer, that is VERY confusing to me, and to some of the programs that I use.
- I apparently had a sync error once. This led to some folders containing 2-3 instances of the same files with the computers name differentiating the different file. i.e. blahblahcomputer1.blah and blahblahcomputer2.blah. These were ASP.net project directories, so the applications would not compile because of this. I had to manually delete these extra files.
- Following a sync error, some directories which were set to be available offline, did not have all of the files downloaded. None of these files showed up as being pending in the download process in the app. I did not discover that these files were not downloaded, until I tried to compile my app. This would have been evident, if only the files actually on my hard drive were shown in explorer.
- As a user of multiple PC's, I have no idea as to which has priority. I should be able to select a PC as being the master, with the other PC's being slaves. I should also be able to make a determination as to which file should override which. I never receive any notifications about this, so I have no idea how priority is determined.
All of these problems can be fixed by reverting back to the SkyDrive desktop app that was previously available.