My 2 cents on Windows 8 Release Preview

Just tried out Win 8 RP and wanted to add my bit.  Metro UI is an mess, and there NEEDS to be a way to disable it and set the (standard) desktop as default.  With a mouse on a desktop it is almost UNUSABLE, and the COMPLETE LACK of any kind of tutorial or tooltip makes it worse!!  I had to press F1 to figure out how to restart at one point, and I can do almost ANYTHING with a computer running Win98-Win7 (seriously, I work @ a computer store as a tech. Grew up with a comp. in front of me.)  Need a Start Menu, too, and VISIBLE/GLOWING buttons/edges/corners if they do something!!  move my mouse cursor to the top-right corner and slide down to the centre?  with a mouse, that is COMPLETELY NON-INTUITIVE.  I cannot see ANY business upgrading to Win 8, with Metro UI it has an inefficient flow and is TOO different from older Windows.  Also, retraining is costly and so is Windows, combine the 2... On a tablet, maybe it works, but I am a Desktop PC owner and rite now, it don't work for me. Unless this gets fixed, I'm sticking with Win7.

thank you , and I hope MS reads this. 

Jester Doobiesmoker

Answer
Answer
Like Windows 95 redefined Windows and came with a tutorial, so will Windows 8 in the final release. The tutorials are not in the pre-release versions of WIndows 8.
"No matter where you are, everyone is connected"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2013 Views 334 Applies to: