Metro disabled in DP - doesnt work in RTM?

After a night of heavy drinking I made one of the biggest mistakes in a long time and actually installed that monstrosity known to men as metro UI on my main pc. I say metro, because thats all that matters to me, i think the win 8 improvements are quite nice so far. But why in **** does it come with metro, thats like a hot chick with aids. I honestly dont get it. Naturally i tried getting rid of it, and failed miserably. So far I removed all the immersive apps (seriously? fullscreen programs wasnt appley i guess), i got rid of the charms bar (again, seriously? wtf my pc is a workstation not peter pans wet dream!), well at least the notifier that this utterly useless piece of **** is still there and didnt uninstall itself out of shame so that whenever i like to enjoy some rsi-mouse-kungfu to share nothing from the desktop (dont even think about it) or to put my computer down to sleep like a sick animal, i am still forced to be able to do that. Luckily, the app switcher (win + tab) is gone, but i guess thats just because i dont use immersive apps. For both changes, I added the registry keys into User/Software/.../ImmersiveUI/EdgeUI/ . As you may have already guessed, I'm one of those intolerant, stubborn hardcore haters, so naturally my question is how far can i cut that **** down? There are some tools, but they come with serious performance hits and suck almost as hard as metro itself. Is there ANYTHING i can try to kill that beast? Deleting the files maybe, or disabling some services? I can live without a start menu, i cant live with that metro thing. Worst of all, the mouse gestures, is there anything to disable that ****? Then i could just live without the win key and i would be fine... Btw. this has no hurry. I'm rolling back to 7 tonight. Its more a preparation for the future. Extrapolating from the great choices ms has made in the past, we're stuck with this... This is me, embracing change.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2013 Views 63 Applies to:
Answer
There is not going to be any Microsoft Supported ways to do what you want.  For the answers your looking for you will have to go to other communities and see what they have to offer.  This site can only suggest Microsoft Supported changes, as it is a Microsoft forum.  Support for hacks and work arounds to disable features that they don't want disabled isn't supported here.
Regards,
Me
Irrelevant by choice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.