How do I add a .DOC, .XLS, or .PPT file - connected to a tile - to the start screen in Windows 8?

A week or so ago, I specifically posted a question about creating a Start Screen tile with a random file in Windows 8. 

The response I got was that I could do this with a .EXE file.  Well, duh.  I also asked about creating a Start Screen tile from an Office file like a .DOC, .XLS or .PPT.  Of course, since someone tagged my question as "answered", it no longer received / receives review.  How about the person asking the question BEING THE ONLY PERSON to flag a question as answered or not???

So let's lets play the Microsoft Answers Game...

I have a number of spreadsheets, word documents and corporate presentations that I use at work every day.  I know that I can post them to the desktop area.  HOWEVER, I prefer to start my day on the computer from the START SCREEN (hence the name). 

So, besides .EXE files and besides the files that are already linked to current Start Screen tiles, I would like to specifically know how I can create and pin a TILE on the START SCREEN for a .DOC, .XLS or .PPT file?

Answer
Answer

There is no option to create or pin a tile on the start screen with those extensions.  It is not an option available at this time.  Not saying that it wont be added via an update later, but at this time it is not something that can be done in the Preview builds or the RTM Build.

Regards,
Me
Irrelevant by choice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2013 Views 74 Applies to: