Windows 10 Picture viewer [Fixed]

I have a problem that whenever I open any still photo, JPG PNG, TIF etc etc with the standard windows 10 picture viewer it just keeps zooming in until it get to its maxed out size. But even then it just keeps trying to magnify the image even further. It kind of bounces back & forth.

If I click on edit the zooming stops and the photo reverts back to normal size without it trying to zoom.

But soon as ever I close edit it starts zooming in again & it will continue to go on doing it indefinitely.

Then I tried the old photo viewer (that was the standard viewer in win 7) to open these image files & there is no problems at all. If you look in program defaults the old windows 7 photo viewer is still there thankfully.

The other problem is that while in win 10 picture viewer when I click on slideshow every photo on the PC flashes past at super speed (about 10 images per second) it is almost a blur.

Answer
Answer

OK, tried the media troubleshooter and it didn't fix it.

But, I found a thread somewhere in the backwaters of google where someone else had the same issue. He said that he found an accidental fix,, which is:

1. install the free irfanview viewer thingamajig,

2. make it default,

3. open a couple of photo's

4. then uninstall it & the problem goes away.

Tried everything else, so I tried his black magic - & it worked.

It's back to normal & now works like a bought one!

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2023 Views 5,385 Applies to: